Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello all,

I've been posting on this site for quite some time now but only just noticed this "introduction forum" so thought I'd drop a quick post.

I'm from the U.K. and have had a Windows Phone since the day after launch (launch only seemed to land in the big cities so I had to wait for the next day before I could get hold of my Mozart).

I'm a self-confessed MS fan mostly owing to my job in IT. I love the "big picture" they drive towards in the enterprise and seeing technologies like Lync and Sharepoint kind of make me buy further into the ecosystem.

I've had Windows Mobile/Phone ever since the original Orange SPV so even though the more natural shift from WM might have been to try Android, I wanted to stick with MS until the platform died or flourished. Also, I have trust issues with Google. :)

I love the community here and just wanted to say hi. :)

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    I'm also a Microsoft fan in part due to my employment... working in IT you have to respect Microsoft

Exactly right. I find a lot of the anti-MS vibe comes from people who don't quite realise the full extent of how easy they make otherwise-complex systems. One look at the featureset of an Exchange/Lync/Sharepoint house and I think more people would understand. It's not just those, of course, but what those systems can accomplish is incredible.

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    also studying for A+/Network+ and my MCP and MCDST you realize just how much Microsoft has created and basically changed the world of IT

Edit to Add: my brother was an Apple fanboy, then he got a job where they used Apple Servers, then he started to appreciate Microsoft for business purposes, but he's still in love with his iPhone

Thanks for sharing.....