Hello everyone!

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So maybe I am a bit late to introduce myself, but still it might not be bad to do so :p
I live in a little Central European country, Slovenia in it's capital city Ljubljana, however I am not Slovene by nationality.
I am probably between youngest members up here, I hope you'll survive if I keep my age as secret :p

For my very first time I've spotted Windows Central somewhere in June last year, when there was an article about a cheap Asus 2 in 1 coming out in the 3rd quarter of the year, but I am reading the site more intensively from the time that 950 and 950 XL were released.

I joined forums somewhere in the beginning of February - before I thought they were not interesting, but now I figured they indeed are very interesting :p

I own the 640 XL for about a month now and I am very satisfied with it and I also wrote a review about in in the 640 XL section of the forums, previously I owned Lumia 630.

My dream is to own a proper computer (my first one was XP with 512 MB ram in it = disaster, the one I am using now has 8 GB of RAM but graphics card and processor are outdated = facepalm), either a PC with top Intel CPU and Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX or a Surface Pro 4 / Surface Book.

I am also interested in gaming and programming, especially web development.

Happy to be here with all of you and I think I am going to stick with you for a while now :grincry:

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
And a very warm welcome to one of our youngest members here then Kaktus. I hope you have a great time and find this a welcoming, supportive, and helpful community, full of warm people. But also the witty ones. Who keep you on the edge too. ;) ^_^

Have a good day. And also, share pictures of your beautiful country. I'm sure we'd all love to see a part or two of such a pretty place atleast once in our lifetimes. :)

-- W

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard! It's never too late to intro yourself (although I don't think I have yet)... Hope to see you around the forums for a long time to come!

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
And a very warm welcome to one of our youngest members here then Kaktus. I hope you have a great time and find this a welcoming, supportive, and helpful community, full of warm people. But also the witty ones. Who keep you on the edge too. ;) ^_^

Have a good day. And also, share pictures of your beautiful country. I'm sure we'd all love to see a part or two of such a pretty place atleast once in our lifetimes. :)

-- W

Here are 2 of them just for you. The bridge is from my homecountry and the island under the Alps is Bled island, located in the Lake Bled and it is the only island in Slovenia.

P.S.: Unfortunately they are just pics from net, haven't been at those two destinations with a decent camera yet, so no my own photos unfortunately :-/
P.P.S.: Thank you both for your welcomes! :)

na drini ?uprija.jpg
bled.jpg

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!

I was going to say did you sprinkle pixie dust on that 640 or something?

Then noticed you mentioned the images were from the internet :evil:.

Out of curiosity what Socket is your CPU?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am not quite sure if I got the "Socket" the right way, but if you mean which CPU do I currently have in my computer (which is from 2013) is Intel Core i3.

Ah, I see and what meant by Socket is that every generation of CPU's (the place you put in the CPU) changes layouts - to put it in laymen terms.

Since it's from 2013 (Socket LGA1155), It wouldn't be compatible with the latest models which I'm sure you're already aware :wink:.

Last edited:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for enlightening me about the socket :D And yeah I did know it because it is slowly beginning to irritate me but then I remember I had an Windows XP computer for 8 years with 512 GB of RAM so I am trying to convince myself to wait for next suitable Surface Book or Surface to come out in like 4 years so I can have a decent computer then (if my budget will allow me to, lol).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for enlightening me about the socket :D And yeah I did know it because it is slowly beginning to irritate me but then I remember I had an Windows XP computer for 8 years with 512 GB of RAM so I am trying to convince myself to wait for next suitable Surface Book or Surface to come out in like 4 years so I can have a decent computer then (if my budget will allow me to, lol).

Lol, your welcome.

Well right now there are server grade cpu's going cheap Xeon 2670 (SR0KX) Socket 2011 (not version three) on ebay and they are worth a lot of money brand new. The down side is that X79 chipset (consumer) or Server boards aren't that cheap . But on the plus side, it should hold you steady for along time however as it is ebay... chances of a Dead on Arrival (DOA) CPU are above normal but nothing that should cause alarm. As these sellers would have been inundated with negative reviews.

But yeah, If you were able to hold out on a XP machine that long, chances are you will be able to pick up pretty decent bargains in the near future. Keep an eye out for the enthusiast chips (ivy bridge or haswell) they will go down in price to a certain point but on the flipside availability of motherboards will most likely decrease.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Kaktus :)

Glad to have you here. It's cool to see someone newish like you who comes along and starts contributing right away with guides and neat posts.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes