Issues with Reboots

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Please note there is also an existing thread in XDA Developers Forum.

I have a Canadian Telus LG Optimus 7.

When I place the phone in my pocket, it reboots.

Many times when I charge the device, both when connected to computer or charging when connected to power bar, the Optimus 7 reboots.

The phone is nice, does not have as many apps as my Galaxy S.

Any suggestions on the cause of the randon reboots?

It seems isolated, there are about 5 others with same issue.

Could the upcoming Windows Phone 7 update resolve this issue?

Are others having same issue on other hardware?

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have also had the issue. Not often maybe three or four times. Seems to be right after sending a text or reading my email.

CoopII

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a similure but yet different problem. Around 5-6 times now, since I got the phone at the start of January I've woken up to find it's frozen, the screen won't turn on and it's connected to main power so it can charge and also wifi-sync overnight. I have to take the battery out so it can fully poweroff and then restart it.

From my checks it seems to be after a wifi-sync but before the alarm goes off. Like today Zune says my last sync was at 7:20AM and my Alarm was set to ring at 8:15AM, so the freeze/crash happened between then, or maybe when the sync started?

Anyone run into this bug?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the reboot issue, seemingly when it gets too warm. I should really get onto LG about it but then I'd not have a phone at all; which is obviously bad for business :)

Jellynutz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try to do a clean install to see if that gets rid of the issue?

I'm not sure if it started happening when mango was installed, or if it is an issue with another app, and I don't really feel like reinstalling everything unless it actually fixes the issue.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine went away and I haven't seen the issue since the mango update that I can recall anyways if it has done it it wasn't a time that I noticed.

CoopII

Allthisforwhat

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to reboot when it is plugged in and asleep. When I wake it up, it reboots. This occurs quite often, I don't remember it happening when it is not plugged in post-Mango.

MunchausenByProxy

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Could be unrelated, but...

Had my 920 for 5 day, with no reboots. Loaded the Twitter app this evening, and it rebooted twice. Uninstalled the app but don't know if the reboots have stopped or not. Could be coincidental, but when loading the app it asks if it can use 'push' technology. Maybe there is something wrong with Windows Phone 8 and any app that uses Push tech, or maybe it is something in the Twitter app, or maybe something completely unrelated. I know that doesn't really help, but wanted to throw it out there just in case.

mad_marty

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with a rebooting Optimus 7 in my pants. Sometimes I take it out of my pocket and it wants me to enter the pin. Sometimes suddenly it's getting hot in my pants. That's when it's stuck at the boot-screen with the LG logo. It just hangs without booting up completely and is getting very hot. I even can't turn it of. It stays on if I press the on/off switch a few seconds, so I have to take out the battery. After putting it back and turning the optimus on again it boots up and works fine. I heard of problems with static charge. Some defective devices (touch-devices in generell, not only the optimus) reboot if there is a slightly static discharge, which in this case maybe could happen by taking it out of the pants???
Now that the problem got more frequent I sent it to guarantee-repair. They sent it back and told me the battery is defective which always was fine without stability issues even if it was nearly flat and under high workload. I have only reboot when taking it out of my pants. As the battery only has 6 month guarantee and this is already over, they don't have to repair anything. For me it's a cheap excuse. I don't want to except this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes