Is the Lancet GSM unlocked?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones are unlocked, so yes, the Lancet is unlocked, though I'm not sure what the bands are and what exactly you would end up getting with it on AT&T

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The full spec on the radios is frustratingly impossible to find...

We need someone who has one to read them off the side of the box and type them in... or even better, to try and access Field Test to see what's what.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am really torn about this device, I want to grab one, but I know as soon as I do the 640/XL will drop on ATT and then I'll have to buy that one too...

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, bad news. The phone seems to be unlocked, as I was able to insert an AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards and they were both recognized and an unlock code was not requested, but it doesn't get service.
I tried to switch to Global mode under the network settings, but the option is not there. Apparently, the GSM bands are not enabled at all. They might be enabled in the future, but who knows.

Anyone knows how to access field test so I can check if the bands are there?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
##3282# works but it requests a SPC code.

This is so weird. I tried again resetting the phone with the T-Mobile SIM card in (I live in a refarmed area) and I get no service at all. No bars, no voice, no data, even after setting up the APN.

Then I tried resetting it again with a Mexico Telcel SIM card. I set up the APN and it now says "T-Mobile-TELCEL" like it's roaming on T-Mobile (then why don't I get service with the T-Mobile SIM?) and guess what, I get perfect LTE service (roaming, of course) but no voice. I tried calling my Telcel number from a different phone and I get sent straight to Voice Mail. I also tried placing a phone call and I get a message that says that the phone is in Airplane Mode (it's not) and asks if I want to turn on the cellular connection. I click Turn On but nothing happens and phone calls still fail.

It seems to me that somehow the GSM bands are there, but Verizon crippled the device so it can't be used outside of their network. Maybe they can be enabled manually or in a future firmware update, I don't know.

Last edited:

quiltykim

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting exactly the same thing as Thinkdan. I don't have an SPC code and would really like to use this phone with T-Mobile. I tried contacting LG and they walked me through the standard troubleshooting steps and advised that the phone be sent in for repairs--repairs I'm sure the phone is not in need of. Any help would be much appreciated on this. Thanks.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Verizon SPC is usually 000000 see if that works. @thinkdan, it could be that it's unlocked but set to block ATT and TMobile sim cards as the Telcel roamed without any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon