Screen flickers when "updating" (i.e opening apps, scrolling)

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I have an LG Quantum that I absolutely love except for its one problem: Flickering/artifacting with screen updates.
I can replace either the LCD or digitizer, however I was wondering which I should buy (as I don't want to buy both) and my preferred search engine (cough cough) isn't helping at all.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You'd probably be better off getting a Nokia Lumia 520 rather than repairing the LG Quantum. The 520 is inexpensive and runs Windows Phone 8. The LG Quantum has long been discontinued.

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You'd probably be better off getting a Nokia Lumia 520 rather than repairing the LG Quantum. The 520 is inexpensive and runs Windows Phone 8. The LG Quantum has long been discontinued.

Yes, I was actually looking at it and I would love one. However I live with my parents and don't have a source of income (I'm a teenager) and I asked my father about it and he gave me a firm "No" however said I could buy a digitizer or LCD (as I'm fairly good with repairing technology), so I'm going to make do with my Quantum. Thanks though, I'll see if I can maybe find a super cheap one on Ebay.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was actually looking at it and I would love one. However I live with my parents and don't have a source of income (I'm a teenager) and I asked my father about it and he gave me a firm "No" however said I could buy a digitizer or LCD (as I'm fairly good with repairing technology), so I'm going to make do with my Quantum. Thanks though, I'll see if I can maybe find a super cheap one on Ebay.
Can't you buy a 520 for just $60-$100?

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I have wonderful/bad/idk news... I got a screwdriver that would work for the Quantum however the screws seem to be stripped. My dad said that I could get the AT&T GoPhone 520 (to use on AT&T's postpaid lol). My sim card is already cut so it should just be a plug in play... + it's $59 at Fry's (a local tech supercenter in my area).

SO WOOHOO. Thanks everyone!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes