Turning off Wi-Fi Calling?

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly like the title says. How do I turn off wifi calling? I just got my Lumia 640 yesterday. It's on T-Mobile and seems to automatically turned on Wifi calling. (Phone tile says Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi signal indicator has a little phone next to it.

I can't find the traditional T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling app anywhere so I'm guessing its baked into the OS this time but I can't find it in settings either.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly like the title says. How do I turn off wifi calling? I just got my Lumia 640 yesterday. It's on T-Mobile and seems to automatically turned on Wifi calling. (Phone tile says Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi signal indicator has a little phone next to it.

I can't find the traditional T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling app anywhere so I'm guessing its baked into the OS this time but I can't find it in settings either.

Settings
Cellular
Sim card
Properties

Scroll down to where it says wifi calling. Turn it off.

Note: I am on windows 10 mobile so it is slightly different in windows phone 8. Just can't remember. But I know wifi calling is located in cellular area

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That was it thank you!

I'm glad its not a separate app and is baked in the OS now but damn they couldn't have found a better way to hide it lol

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
also instead of turning it off you can set it to "prefer" cellular network.. that way it only kicks on when you have no cell signal. (assuming you are connected to wifi)

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That would work too but I got full bars at my house and full bars at work.

Good to know though when I'm in a bad area but near wifi (visiting family etc)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism