Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Battery has its own system when its charged it stops charging like any other mobile battery,u can have it all the time on charger,no worry

Ste Wilkins1

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I've noticed one problem with my 640 that happened twice now since getting it that the screen will have a blue/green tint to it when woken from glance, not sure if it's a hardware problem or software bug, but is fine after a reset anybody else experience this.

anon8883995

May 24, 2014
Visit site

If I put my Lumia 640s screen brightness on auto or low the screen dims to the point it is barely readable and even flickers a bit.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Retested my hot spot on the new 640 I exchanged with and still the same slow tethering problems. Are there any kind of hidden settings or something I can change to increase the tether speeds

antosk8er

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Hi all, I'm new on windows central. I have a lumia 640 lte (uk) and been experiencing constant reboots, ie crashing, freeze and reboots. The phone is really unusable with all these issue, although sometimes it works fine for 30 minutes or so. I had a 8x and a 435 befoe, both working fine.

I've read somewhere that this rebooting issue was supposed to be fixed with an update... well, my device is updated to the very last version of wp8.1 8.10.15148.160 and still have the issue.

Is this normal with lumia 640? Or am I just very "lucky"?

Thanks all for your replies :)

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Did you try a hard (factory) reset? I did that on both our 640s after the last update (same version as yours) and haven't had that problem.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
How about removing the SD card? We had a 521 that kept hanging with it in. Then our 640 kept giving card error messages with the same card, so it's obviously bad. I haven't gotten around to trying a new card yet.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

So after more than 15 lumia phones between my family and I; ranging from L710's to L930's. I have finally encountered a defective unit. I Picked up another L640 yesterday for myself. (There are now 5 in the family) After setting everything up just the way I like it, I notice a vertical line running down the left side of the screen. This line is only noticeable when the background is a lighter color. I just got it replaced at Walmart, the new one is looking good.

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Share Your Lumia 640 Start and Lock Screens

All of a sudden today, Lost ability to customize the lock screen. 640 on T-Mobile. Was using Lock Manager. Also tried Lock mix. Just reverts to stock photo and stock lock screen. Worked fine up until today. What's that all about?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

antosk8er

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Removed sd card, but still got the same issue. To note, checking for updates is like playing bingo, as several times I get errors. Updating apps is the same, as usually they stop during installation and prompt to tap here/apps require attention. I'll send it back, hopefully it will be a smooth process. Else I'll have to send it to ms for repair. Thanks again! It appears that noone here has the same issue so probably is a hw defect. I even got a tiny dead pixel, nice...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I had a weird thing today where the screen went screwy and had a "negative" type display to it. The areas that were dark were now light and vice versa. I had to power it off to get it to come back.

Anyone else?
I think this is what happened to me twice now, on different days. The first time it happened, I just did what you did, and I didn't see this again, until just now. Just now, it happened for a second time, but I just let the screen fade and time out. When I tapped the screen again, it was gone without me having to do anything.

I'm not sure what's going on there, but I hope not to see it again.

rohit bhattacharjee

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I have a problem with the phone.. sometimes the proximity sensor, auto brightness and glance screen does not work..and i have no idea what causes this. when this happens,
1. when i call some1 or somebody calls me, the screen blacks out as if the phone is near my face..i have to lock it and unlock it using the hardware key, and after that the screen is displayed. and when the screen is displayed, it doesn't go off when I get it closer to my face, or hand or anything.. so the proximity sensor is gone..
2. When the above happens, the automatic brightness does not work either..it stays on low..it doesn't go higher, or super low as it usually does when its very dark.. and surprisingly, if I restart the phone, the automatic brightness works till the point I lock my phone, and it starts not working again.
3. another thing which happens is the glance screen does not appear, even when in peek mode I can see the red light of the proximity sensor glowing..and double tap to wake also doesn't work when this happens..
all these events at once, and these problems never happen individually.. its always all these things together.. and, the time for which this thing happens is increasing day by day.. the latest and present is more than 12 hours..
I don't know what causes to trigger it, and how to solve it.. it's very annoying..
pls help.. :unhappysweat:

sayan676

May 10, 2014
Visit site

Can someone tell me the approximate size of the 8.10.15148.160 update? I have been downloading for ages and the progress bar seems to be stuck at 30%. :-\

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I don't know the size, but the download only took a few minutes on wifi for both our phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett