Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

use one of the default alarm sounds, they are loud enough to wake up a dead man :D

Yeah, but the other day a strange thing happened. As I do every night, I put my 640 DS in a "quiet mode". The next morning the alarm "went off" but with no sound or vibration. It was just displayed on the screen. Luckily I woke up by myself a few minutes later so no harm was done (and besides, I do have a backup alarm set on my watch). But it's still pretty not-cool.

Thomasmas

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I have found the following issues with my device (8.10.15127.138):

• Flash is not working while charging the phone
  • "Peek" functionality of glance is not working correctly if I lock the phone by using double top on the navigation bar. It is working correctly using the hardware button or waiting till the phone goes off by itself.
  • As mentioned earlier in this thread, alarm seems to be tied to notification volume or something. It was only vibrating for me this morning.

Edit: Update to 8.10.15148.160 seems to have helped with the alarm issue and also a bit with the glance-peek problem. Need to see how it will behave in 'real life' now.

Last edited:

STALKER-SVK

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, but the other day a strange thing happened. As I do every night, I put my 640 DS in a "quiet mode". The next morning the alarm "went off" but with no sound or vibration. It was just displayed on the screen. Luckily I woke up by myself a few minutes later so no harm was done (and besides, I do have a backup alarm set on my watch). But it's still pretty not-cool.
this is bug, sometimes ringer stop working and only reboot fixes it, it happens randomly

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Perhaps a reboot every day or every other day would help reduce the problem. In any case, back-up alarm device is always a good idea.
Yeah, Realarm is pretty awesome and worth a try. The times when the regular alarm has failed me, it never has.

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have problems signing into apps. Mine are wells Fargo and Spotify. Wells Fargo app doesn't sign in on app but works on the web or my 1520. Spotify only allows me to use it on Wi-Fi. I have unlimited and don't have Wi-Fi at work. Is there something I can do to fix the issues or am I stuck with it. I'm on Tmobile. Purchased the 640 from WalMart. Liking the phone other than those 2 app issues so far. Thanks

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Same problem with flash as others...it fires earlier than the picture is taken,maybe 1 of 10 its kinda good,so pretty much flash is useless...horrible:S tried camera 360 sight,same problem
Vulja

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

On local forum posts I have seen people having issues with overheating under the Microsoft logo, has anyone noticed that? Since I'm considering this device it made me to search through issues with it. The only problem with my old L520 was malfunctioning power button often and lastly constant reboots of the device (hasn't come from warranty repair yet).

sugardad

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm using It as an Intermediate device before the grand leap to 940 or whatever is going to be named, and I like It A LOT!
I was slightly let down by the fact that it doesn't have the full glance screen experience
(MS Should name this as Glance Screen Basic
rather than advertising It with Glance Screen support [bit.ly/1N6cIF5] as many people learned the bitter truth mostly by Q&A on forums)

I have been trying In vain to download Microsoft Video Tuner [bit.ly/1TM22j9] from the Market and I Just can't,
It says It's not available for my device ("This app is not available for your phone"),does anyone else have this Issue?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Seems to tether data slow I tested with my 635 and 640 using the hot spot to connect on my Xbox one. I used the same sim card in both phones. My 635 connected to the xbox I was able to launch Xbox music and stream a few songs and open YouTube app. I tried from my 640 Xbox music opened notably slower maybe a min or min and a half compared to the 635, and it wouldn't stream anything as it was slow to load any songs. The YouTube app failed to open because of connectivity issues. Not sure if it might just be my phone or the 640 in general. The data on my phone works fine no issues

Note: I'm currently on the tech preview but i also had the same slow tethering speeds on 8.1 as well

Nihad DeVille

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Hi, Im new windows phone User,
i have bought a Lumia 640 device and i have one problem, so i decided to ask people on this forum...
I have installed Viber, and everything is ok, but when i take picture with my lumia in portrait mode and try to send that picture, Viber rotate my picture in to landscape mode. When i send that picture to someone on Viber, they got that picture, but the pic is very small on their phones, it does not matter wich phone is at the other side, on every phone the pic that i send is very small and they need to zoom it.
Any help for starter (me).

sugardad

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Seems to tether data slow I tested with my 635 and 640 using the hot spot to connect on my Xbox one. I used the same sim card in both phones. My 635 connected to the xbox I was able to launch Xbox music and stream a few songs and open YouTube app. I tried from my 640 Xbox music opened notably slower maybe a min or min and a half compared to the 635, and it wouldn't stream anything as it was slow to load any songs. The YouTube app failed to open because of connectivity issues. Not sure if it might just be my phone or the 640 in general. The data on my phone works fine no issues

Note: I'm currently on the tech preview but i also had the same slow tethering speeds on 8.1 as well

No Problems here while streaming content, I have recently rolled back to 8.1 from latest Insider Preview
Can you download Microsoft Video Tuner from the Market (The old Market not the Modern app Windows 10 preview), Is It available for you?

TimboNJ

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I had a weird thing today where the screen went screwy and had a "negative" type display to it. The areas that were dark were now light and vice versa. I had to power it off to get it to come back.

Anyone else?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

We just got two new T-Mobile US 640s. On one, flashlight apps didn't work at the beginning, though the camera flash worked right every time. Now the flashlight apps work even though I didn't make any changes to the phone.

On the other 640, the phone connection occasionally drops for a few seconds. It seems to happen when switching from LTE to 4G or lower.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

About the flashlight:
I found the flashlight won't work if there is anything plugged into the micro USB port.
The camera flash always works plugged in or not.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

No Problems here while streaming content, I have recently rolled back to 8.1 from latest Insider Preview
Can you download Microsoft Video Tuner from the Market (The old Market not the Modern app Windows 10 preview), Is It available for you?

Swapped my 640 for another one at walmart today. I'll retest the hot spot on here in a minute. Couldn't find Microsoft video tuner in the oldstore

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

i have not faced any bugs as of now on my lumia 640DS,but i wanted to know if i leave my phone for charging overning when i sleep does it damage the battery,also why is the fm radio reception weak(in india,mumbai) my samsung feature phone locks to the fm stations well and plays them loud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard