NO voicemal in phone app

Ken Nye

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
There is no voicemail for me to see my voicemails. There is only a link a the bottom that dials vm.
anyone know a way to get it back? on my 930 insider win10 I just had to call VM once and then the tab appeared.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you actually received a voicemail? When I installed the W10 preview on my 830 I needed a pending voicemail and then I was prompted to set up VVM.

sklinger83

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
No Visual Voicemail here either. Went into a store, the rep removed my Visual Voicemail and had me set up my Voicemail box again. After receiving a voicemail post these actions, still no VVM.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I had to call AT&T this morning, as I had no voicemail service at all. The customer care rep explained that my voicemail had expired, and she re-added that service to my account so that callers can leave messages. Surprisingly, she indicated that because I had bought an unlocked phone rather than an AT&T phone, that there will never be visual voicemail on it, just the basic voicemail.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That is the current excuse they use because something is broken in their VVM when it comes to dual-sim phones. My unlocked, unbranded 1020 worked perfectly.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had to call AT&T this morning, as I had no voicemail service at all. The customer care rep explained that my voicemail had expired, and she re-added that service to my account so that callers can leave messages. Surprisingly, she indicated that because I had bought an unlocked phone rather than an AT&T phone, that there will never be visual voicemail on it, just the basic voicemail.

I have it on my L830...from ATT

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
@PepperdotNet, could you post the link? Visual voicemail is a convenience for me and far easier than basic voicemail.
I am very surprised that the 950 XL does not have it.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, from what I understand, Visual Voice Mail requires AT&T software (or at least AT&T provisioning) to be flashed into or pushed to a phone for Visual Voicemail to work. That is available on the AT&T retail Lumia 950s, but I have not found anyone who has been able to get VVM working on AT&T yet with an unlocked Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL.

PepperDotNet -- the Lumia 1020 was available through AT&T, so I suppose it is possible that they provisioned your unlocked device expressly to support it. But after searching a lot of forums and reviewing information from both AT&T and Microsoft, it seems that getting VVM to work on a non-AT&T phone is an exception to the rule.

I would really love VVM (and HD Voice if possible) on a Dual Sim Lumia 950. Would be awesome! If anyone is able to make this combo work, please let us all know.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

That is not the real issue. This is also a problem on T-Mobile with this phone. My last phone was an unlocked 1520.3 and before that I had an AT&T HTC 8X which I unlocked. Both of those phones had visual voice mail on T-Mobile. Even after a reflash and clean install of W10 my 1520 had visual voicemail. Locked vs unlocked is not the real issue here.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My voicemail went away when I get a new nano simm for my XL. I also lost LTE. I did an online chat with ATT and gave them the IME (or whatever it is called ) from my old 640 along with the simm number. I did not tell her I had it in 950XL. After she did her magic, I powered on the 950XL and my LTE came back and my voice mail came back as well, though I had to set it up. I did not get visual voice mail, though, and I hope that is not true what she said about it not ever showing up on the 950XL.

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
VVM is not supported on dual-SIM WP devices. It's not a locked vs. unlocked thing.
Well since Microsoft advertises the 950 XL as normal, they should really either be planning an update to fix the issue or else include a caveat in their marketing that there is no visual voicemail.

CX1

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to 3 different reps at MS Store over the phone. One claimed to be a manager. None of them had a clue if visual voicemail worked or not. One of them was "Googling", his words, to find the answer. What a complete joke of a product release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2