Lumia 950XL - Visual Voicemail?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
VVM isn't carrier software. From I have been reading though, it may not be supported on dual sim devices. Not 100% sure though.

CrownSeven

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Has nothing to do with dual sim.

If you did not purchase the phone directly from your carrier, it will most likely not work. If you have an old windows phone from them, and enter that IMEI id on your account, it should start working.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

If you did not purchase the phone directly from your carrier, it will most likely not work. If you have an old windows phone from them, and enter that IMEI id on your account, it should start working.

I've had multiple unlocked/unbranded windows phones and they've all worked fine as far as visual voice mail. They've all been single-sim models. While I can't specifically point to the dual-sim as being the issue...there is a very strong correlation. i don't have my own XLdual-sim yet to test so when I get it I'll report my own findings. I'll be moving from a 830 RM-985 (single sim) Latin America country variant (that is working with VVM and LTE) to a MS store 950XL dual-sim..

Lrac1

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Well all I can say if it's a dual sim issue - Microsoft failed again as don't care about dual sim... I shouldn't have to use an app that I'm having issues with to get visual voice mail when I pay $600 for a phone I use for business...

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Has nothing to do with dual sim

Incorrect. It has everything to do with dual-SIM.

WP has built-in support for VVM on AT&T and T-Mobile. However this support is not available on dual-SIM devices.

If you have an AT&T branded 950 and can't get VVM then there is a provisioning issue because the AT&T branded device is a single-SIM config.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect. It has everything to do with dual-SIM.

WP has built-in support for VVM on AT&T and T-Mobile. However this support is not available on dual-SIM devices.

You sound 100% certain, but can we read this from an official source somewhere? And do you happen to know if this is something that could be fixed with a firmware or OS update?

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
You sound 100% certain, but can we read this from an official source somewhere? And do you happen to know if this is something that could be fixed with a firmware or OS update?

I certainly hope that MS will release an update that allows for the disabling of the dual sim feature, along with providing support for visual VM and HD voice. Those features work fine on th AT&T Lumia 950--but I don't know about the unlocked version.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I have not purchased any of my phones from the carrier (T-Mobile) and they worked. I am using the SIM from my old unlocked 1520.3. The 1520 worked the 950XL does not. The 1520 worked both with 8.1 and with 10.

Dzik

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have not purchased any of my phones from the carrier (T-Mobile) and they worked. I am using the SIM from my old unlocked 1520.3. The 1520 worked the 950XL does not. The 1520 worked both with 8.1 and with 10.

Exactly the same here. Went from a working VM on my 1520.3 to non working VM on my day old 950XL.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You last two responders realize that visual voice mail is not plain old voice mail? If reg. voice mail is broken call microsoft support.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
You last two responders realize that visual voice mail is not plain old voice mail? If reg. voice mail is broken call microsoft support.
Yes. I know the difference between visual voice mail and regular voice mail. Regular voice mail is fine, but this thread is about broken visual voice mail. The issue that visual voice mail does not work on the 950XL when it worked fine with other unbranded and unlocked devices. This is not an IMEI issue, locked vs unlocked issue. It is some compatibility with the 950XL and a likely culprit would seem to be the dual SIM issue as that has also apparently happened on other dual sim Windows phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3