Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Please scroll down to latest post - Support experience from B2X has since improved.

Evening all,

Currently experiencing absolutely terrible support from B2X so much so I felt compelled to post about it here to name and shame how terrible this company is at customer support.

Situation is, I have a Lumia 950, very well looked after but I dropped the screen many months ago (from a small distance I might add) and there is a crack across the screen.

No problem, I've taped over this and the phone continued to function fine for several months.

Until, it simply stopped working one day, totally dead, no function in it whatsoever. It just stopped working while it was in my hand - so, not related to the crack across the screen (you can see where this is going).

Speak to B2X online chat, and explain the situation.

They tell me to raise the request as "Phone is totally dead" and send it off, but include a note with my email address so that if they want me to pay for the screen repair, then they can get in touch.

So I do this.

First of all - B2X fail to inform you the DHL account number which is actually required in order to get DHL to pick up the parcel (either from your home or a drop off point), if you open a chat with them, they tell you the number.

So, that is one trip to the DHL drop off point wasted, an hour of my time consumed.

Phone gets sent off....
    1 week later, phone comes back saying "Phone has been visibly damaged (cracked screen), please send back for quotable repair".

So, I speak to the chat again, this time, the person on the chat creates the appropriate service request (not me), and assures me that this time, they will be in touch for payment to repair the screen.

So I send the phone off a second time.
    4 days later I check the repair status and it says "NOT_REPAIRED", I queried this with them, and they said "Oh this just means your phone is not repaired yet"
    1 day after them telling me the phone should be getting repaired, it comes back with the same note as above.

Totally disregarded the note inside the package, no contact from them at all.

So, back on to the chat, after much messing about, it gets escalated to a "superior support team" (their words), who will be in contact within 24 hours.

3 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

Then I get an email from the "superior support" asking for a job sheet. I reply immediately.

2 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

This time they call me and a lady said they will send me a quote to get the phone repaired, indicating that email is coming within the next few minutes.

That was 5 days ago. Every time I query the support, I get a robotic response "It is with the superior support team, I can't give you an ETA".

They also refuse to give me any details of how to complain or log a complaint.

Also, when they ask for your telephone number "in case the chat gets disconnected", they will never call you anyway, a complete waste of time.

I've been without a working phone for 1 month now.

B2X - your support processes are atrocious, your customer support is appalling.
    Microsoft - shame on you for outsourcing the support to such a rubbish company and washing your hands of customer support for these phones.

I actually bought 2 Lumia 950s for my parents this Christmas, as I still like the phone and the platform somewhat. But no longer do I feel any loyalty to Microsoft after this.

Absolutely terrible...
    Last edited by Lumia928; 01-21-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take all transcripts of chats and contact MS directly and give them copies of it all. I'm pretty sure they don't expect such poor service. If you have any MS stores nearby I'd go there as well, and I wouldn't stop until I got what I thought was fair. Trust me, they don't want "that guy again" in the store complaining so that prospective customers can hear.

Know what I mean?

Sometimes there are better working channels outside of the "proper channels".
    aximtreo and HoosierDaddy like this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia928 View Post
    Evening all,

Currently experiencing absolutely terrible support from B2X so much so I felt compelled to post about it here to name and shame how terrible this company is at support.

Situation is, I have a Lumia 950, very well looked after but I dropped the screen many months ago (from a small distance I might add) and there is a crack across the screen.

No problem, I've taped over this and the phone continued to function fine for several months.

Unill, it simply stopped working one day, totally dead, no function in it whatsoever, it simply stopped working while it was in my hand.

Speak to B2X online chat, and explain the situation.

They tell me to raise the request as "Phone is totally dead" and send it off, but include a note with my email address so that if they want me to pay for the screen repair, then they can get in touch.

So I do this.

First of all - B2X fail to inform you the DHL account number which is actually required in order to get DHL to pick up the parcel (either from your home or a drop off point), if you open a chat with them, they tell you the number.

So, that is one trip to the DHL drop off point wasted, an hour of my time consumed.

Phone gets sent off....
    1 week later, phone comes back saying "Phone has been visibly damaged (cracked screen), please send back for quotable repair".

So, I speak to the chat again, this time, the person on the chat creates the appropriate service request (not me), and assures me that this time, they will be in touch for payment to repair the screen.

So I send the phone off a second time.
    4 days later I check the repair status and it says "NOT_REPAIRED", I queried this with them, and they said "Oh this just means your phone is not repaired yet"
    1 day after them telling me the phone should be getting repaired, it comes back with the same note as above.

Totally disreagrded the note inside the package, no contact from them at all.

So, back on to the chat, after much messing about, it gets escalated to a "superior support team" (their words), who will be in contact within 24 hours.

3 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

Then I get an email from the "superor support" asking for a job sheet. I reply immediately.

2 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

They call me and a lady said they will send me a quote to get the phone repaired.

That was 5 days ago. Every time I query the support, I get a robotic response "It is with the superior support team, I can't give you an ETA".

They also refuse to give me any details of how to complain or log a complaint.

I've been without my phone for 1 month now.

B2X - your support processes are atrocious, your customer support is appaling.
    Microsoft - shame on you for outsourcing the support to such a rubbish company.

I actually bought 2 Lumia 950s for my parents this Christmas, as I still like the phone and the platform somewhat. But no longer do I feel any loyalty to Microsoft after this.

Absolutely terrible...
    Yep been dealing with similar but my case is different in that the phone (L650) we received was defective, came to light on day 3 of ownership but due to the nature of problem I'm pretty confident in saying phone was ailing before it arrived on my doorstep. Should have known when I paid for 3-day shipping and didn't get phone until late on day 8 that things weren't going to end well.

My first inquiry into what our first steps were in getting a replacement resulted in a surprising revelation that we have NO WARRANTY! The reasoning behind it was that device shipped from US (California) into Canada, I proceed to tell them that we ordered off Microsoft Store.ca (my invoice states that fact) using CAD funds and where it shipped from was totally out of my control. So asked, how can that be? They then reassured me "don't worry, we'll get this sorted out for you", suuuure you will!

Going on my own accord and a bit of advice from support, we went through the return process but stipulated we wanted an "exchange" rather than a refund, got the necessary paperwork, packaged up phone then shipped it back to Microsoft's warehouse located in Canada... They determine carrier and destination.

Next thing I know we are being directed towards Nokia Repairs and since this is all new to me we follow their instructions. Finally at one point I email NR to ask about my device's status, was informed "we are waiting for you to ship it to us" OH REALLY!!! now that's a surprise.

Have been in contact on several fronts, phone calls, online chats and emails, came to light that nobody is listening with them still focused on the no warranty claim. B2X has turned out to be totally useless and refuses to respond to ANY of my emails/questions.

Yep one of my worst purchasing experiences ever and will NEVER buy another thing directly from MS again. Totally incompetent bunch if my latest dealings are any indication, essentially the whole process has been a nightmare so far with every step to aid in getting a defective product issue resolved severely flawed.

Anyhow that's my story in brief and sorry for hijacking your post but we needed to get some of this off our chest.
    theefman likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
    Sometimes there are better working channels outside of the "proper channels".
    Sometimes there is only ONE channel such as in my case. Closest MS Store is hours away which would cost me $$$ to make that trek not to mention no certainty they could or would resolve my problem then and there.
    libra89, aximtreo and theefman like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a good point, if a Microsoft store was near I would have definately gone in and made a fuss but unfortunately I am in the same boat as elky in the fact it would cost me more than the price of the phone to travel to the nearest Microsoft store. Oh and don't apologise for hijacking, not at all, the more naming and shaming the better.

I am going to start to keep a log of further chats with the company and will update on how it goes here.

I'm prepared to give them 3 days off for NYE, NYD and NYD bank holiday (today) but tomorrow I will be back on their case chasing them.

Global Posts
    2,415 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we wonder why MS has lost all credibility in the phone market. How can a company the size of MS farm service out when the phone is still being manufactured. I'm still pissed about buying a 950xl at the MS store in Chandler, AZ and then being told that I couldn't buy the extended MS warranty. Using a term from the old west in Arizona: "White man speak with forked tongue".

Followup thought. If MS is forsaking the personal user for the business world; service like described above will kill this effort before it gets started.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can go only by my experiences but, if this is what one should expect in regards to service/help in resolving an issue then I pity anyone else who has to go through same.

I've documented everything yet putting "proof" right in front of their face has done little to help. Pretty evident they are following scripts and refuse to deviate from the norm and what they are instructed to do.

Another irksome situation arose a couple of times during an online chat and phone call. Go through the motions of explaining my situation blah blah blah and after some time it comes to light "sorry can't answer that (or help) because I'm located in Europe/Zimbabwe, you'll have to contact someone within your country". You don't say, do they really think I would be contacting someone in a foreign country to resolve my problem(s), not the hell likely... Yep used the contact methods provided on Msft's Online Store website that pertained to MY country???
    Last edited by Elky64; 01-02-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This information all needs to go back to MS. I'm betting a lot of support companies won't tell their customers (i.e. the businesses whose products they support) that their support is poor, so it's up to the consumers to bypass them and complain to the actual manufacturer/seller of the product.
    Elky64 likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This information all needs to go back to MS. I'm betting a lot of support companies won't tell their customers (i.e. the businesses whose products they support) that their support is poor, so it's up to the consumers to bypass them and complain to the actual manufacturer/seller of the product.
    The way I see the only way to "maybe" get someone's attention is to spread the word via social media, any other avenue will more than likely result in dealings with those same people who you were relying on to help fix the problem in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also complained using the form on: https://www.b2x.com/en/contact-0 a couple of days ago.

I put something along the lines of my initial post (cut down a bit), stating support are not responding to me, etc. I said I would like to log a complaint with both B2X and also Microsoft. This was the response I have just received in full.

Thank you for contacting B2X.
    If you need help with your Microsoft or Nokia phone please go to su
    pport.b2x.com. Please have your IMEI number on hand and select
    the support option that is most convenient for you.

-----Original Message-----
    From: noreply@salesforce.com [mailto:noreply@salesforce.com] On Behalf Of Support EC4u
    Sent: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 17:56
    To: !NoReply
    Subject: New Lead from B2X
    Elky64 likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also complained using the form on: https://www.b2x.com/en/contact-0 a couple of days ago.

I put something along the lines of my initial post (cut down a bit), stating support are not responding to me, etc. I said I would like to log a complaint with both B2X and also Microsoft. This was the response I have just received in full.

Thank you for contacting B2X.
    If you need help with your Microsoft or Nokia phone please go to su
    pport.b2x.com. Please have your IMEI number on hand and select
    the support option that is most convenient for you.

-----Original Message-----
    From: noreply@salesforce.com [mailto:noreply@salesforce.com] On Behalf Of Support EC4u
    Sent: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 17:56
    To: !NoReply
    Subject: New Lead from B2X
    Typical, a generic computer generated response is my guess which obviously did little to address your original concerns. Me thinks you'll need to take several more stabs at it in hope of breaking down those barriers you keep ruining into, pretty much guaranteed they won't be making it easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky64 View Post
    The way I see the only way to "maybe" get someone's attention is to spread the word via social media, any other avenue will more than likely result in dealings with those same people who you were relying on to help fix the problem in the first place.
    See, I think there's a difference though here, or some nuance to it.

Just spreading the word via social media probably won't do any good, because social media having an impact needs for either the right people at MS watching it actively and believing they need to change something, or it needs for people to potentially change their spending habits. So, since MS has a small fraction of the smartphone market, and a fraction of that are users that need to contact this company for support, and a fraction of that are those who can't get their issues resolved properly there probably won't be enough people to make an impact on social media itself.

What makes more sense, to me, is finding out whom (or what department) to contact at MS and then on social media spread that information so that even if it's a fraction of a fraction that email inbox or whatever receives hundreds of emails. Then there is an emotional impact on at least one person.

Know what I mean?

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes more sense, to me, is finding out whom (or what department) to contact at MS and then on social media spread that information so that even if it's a fraction of a fraction that email inbox or whatever receives hundreds of emails. Then there is an emotional impact on at least one person.

Know what I mean?
    Do know what you mean but good luck finding the "whom" or "right department" because in most cases that is closely guarded from the general public. I'm fully aware as well, anything I do to dis or shame a company such as MS (emails, social media) will be pretty much tits useless yet at the same time we get a sense of relief or, that "feel good" feeling, may be short-lived yet at the same time we got to voice our opinion and that's what counts. Can only hope, if we're lucky, maybe, just maybe someone who cares may decide to step in and help. As well, posting here does little in the way of getting Msft's attention but it does alert others of going ons and suppose that's the goals of people like me, another form of relief too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Well, if I find the time around work-hours tomorrow I'll go visit the MS store and see what I can find out about the support company and any alternatives. I have some questions about the phone anyway so I could combine the two.....
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Well, if I find the time around work-hours tomorrow I'll go visit the MS store and see what I can find out about the support company and any alternatives. I have some questions about the phone anyway so I could combine the two.....
    No harm in trying.
    libra89 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww, that sounds terrible. I get a case and screen protector on my phone, just in case. Also, I had no idea what B2X was...so I googled it, as you do. The first thing I found was a spelling error, just wanted to share it, no big deal or anything.

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is bad customer service overall, but I see their point about not wanting to repair your device for free because of the broken screen. It is common practice to void warranty as soon as there's any sign of physical damage on the device.

I see your point that the problem you sent the phone in for repair was not caused by the cracked screen, but they only have your word for that. There's no way for them to know that the drop didn't cause the cracked screen AND the problem you describe.

Do Apple/Samsung/LG have different policies for repairing broken phones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to get the device repaired for free, I am happy to pay for the repair. The phone has come back twice saying "Please send phone back for OoW repair quote", and that is what they have failed to do every time - despite it being sent in, indeed, for a quotable repair.

I'm not even going down the route of trying to get them to repair the phone for free, I just want a reasonable quote providing so I can get the phone repaired. (their website states roughly 90EUR for cracked screen repair).

I could have been cheeky, sent the phone for cracked screen repair, then sent it back and asked for warranty repair, but instead I followed their recommended support processes and am being screwed around with.

Quote Originally Posted by slyronit View Post
    That is bad customer service overall, but I see their point about not wanting to repair your device for free because of the broken screen. It is common practice to void warranty as soon as there's any sign of physical damage on the device.

I see your point that the problem you sent the phone in for repair was not caused by the cracked screen, but they only have your word for that. There's no way for them to know that the drop didn't cause the cracked screen AND the problem you describe.

Do Apple/Samsung/LG have different policies for repairing broken phones?
    Elky64 likes this.

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's sad. Unfortunately in my country (India), the Lumia support (formerly Nokia Care) was no better, but at least you could see them face to face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is terrible I had an issue with a Lumia 640 with a surprise my warranty expired. Though I wonder if this company https://www.palcotech.com/repair.aspx is any better. Granted its not within warranty. But hell it got to be better then B2X service.
    aximtreo likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, not gonna keep spamming this topic anymore but for now this is where I am at:

(B2X-Rep):
    Hello, thank you for contacting B2X support for your Microsoft device. How can I help you?
    Me:
    Hi
    Me:
    I am enquiring about the status of my escalation
    Me:
    IMEI: (removed)
    Me:
    Case numbers: (removed), (removed), (removed), (removed)
    (B2X-Rep):
    Hi! (Removed) I would be happy to help you.
    (B2X-Rep):
    Thank you for providing case numbers, please allow me 3 minutes to check the updated status?
    Me:
    sure no problem
    (B2X-Rep):
    Thank you for your patience, I regret to say that the case is still under progress as we do not have received any update, please do not worry we will contact you at the earliest as soon we will be updated with solution.
    (B2X-Rep):
    My apologies for inconvenience.
    Me:
    Alright, but I last recieved a response 28th December. I don't consider this acceptable. Can you not nudge the ticket on your system?
    Me:
    It feels like your 2nd line are simply ignoring me. I spoke to a lady and sure assured me she would send me a quote, this never happened, they did not fulfil what they said they would
    (B2X-Rep):
    I am very sorry for miscommunication, now I will report this feedback again and mention status of your case as high priority, and I hope you will receive response at the earliest.
    (B2X-Rep):
    We are here to help you.
    Me:
    Thanks, that would be appreciated, all I need is a quote, so it shouldn't be too complicated
    Me:
    Thanks for your help
    (B2X-Rep):
    Thank for your patience (Removed), sure you will receive a response form our side soon.
    (B2X-Rep):
    Please note down the case number (5th case number!!) for future references.
    Me:
    OK, thanks very much
    (B2X-Rep):
    Is there anything else I may help you with?
    Me:
    No that is all I needed. Thanks for nudging the ticker for me
    Me:
    Take care

--

I'll post back in a few days (or when something worthy happens)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be that they're swamped relative to the amount of people working, since it's around New-Years....

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be that they're swamped relative to the amount of people working, since it's around New-Years....
    Seeing how Lumia928's dealing w/B2X played out along with my own, it's complete and utter incompetence and "the holidays" is just another lame excuse. Remember, the user(s) explicitly stipulated their wants/needs yet whomever, for whatever reason, completely ignored those wishes.
    Last edited by Elky64; 01-04-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    palmujukka likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: After sending a couple of emails to various people at B2X I got a reply from an employee there apologising for the bad service, and asked for more details so they could check the status of my query.

At the same time I got a phone call from a representitive of B2X support who asked me to clarify my case details and said they would get back to me later on in the day. I did get a phone call later on in the day but unfortunately was driving so couldn't answer. I chased online when I was at home and the person I spoke to has raised another service request for my phone. They have explained it will be treated as OoW repair because the screen is damaged, which is fine. They also called me to discuss and apologise further.

They said this time, my phone will be categorised correctly when it recieves their repair centre and they will be in touch to discuss payment details to repair the phone.

So, following me "kicking off" via email at them, the support is now as I would expect.

I'll be sending the phone off on Monday and hopefully I will have a good outcome this time. Will update the thread when I hear back from them.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: After sending a couple of emails to various people at B2X I got a reply from an employee there apologising for the bad service, and asked for more details so they could check the status of my query.

At the same time I got a phone call from a representitive of B2X support who asked me to clarify my case details and said they would get back to me later on in the day. I did get a phone call later on in the day but unfortunately was driving so couldn't answer. I chased online when I was at home and the person I spoke to has raised another service request for my phone. They have explained it will be treated as OoW repair because the screen is damaged, which is fine. They also called me to discuss and apologise further.

They said this time, my phone will be categorised correctly when it recieves their repair centre and they will be in touch to discuss payment details to repair the phone.

So, following me "kicking off" via email at them, the support is now as I would expect.

I'll be sending the phone off on Monday and hopefully I will have a good outcome this time. Will update the thread when I hear back from them.
    Hopefully you get the results you were initially striving for, good luck.

In my case things are still in limbo.Yet to get a response to my initial emails and an online chat session recently left me going away none the wiser.

Got tired of waiting for answers/results so chose to purchase another L650 through a non-Microsoft source, at least now we're back in business. Will wait and see what next week brings yet not too hopeful at this point.
    libra89, Rosebank and aximtreo like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast