Should i buy a Lumia 950 now??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i am thinking of getting a new phone since my Lumia 1520 has worn out. Am a windows phone faithful since the days of WP7 but am now beginning to think Microsoft isn't taking the windows phone base serious at all. After all, i can get all the Microsoft apps on the other two platforms . Am thinking of getting the Lumia 950 or LG G5. The Lumia 950 in my opinion is already outdated in Microsoft books since they about to hop on to an entire different and new device (Surface phone; with new processor architecture etc.) .What if the Surface phone comes out and the rest of the Windows phones out there cannot run the same OS its running.? I feel like leaving Windows and going for the LG G5. What do u guys think.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the Surface Phone. It'll probably never see the light of day and even if it does it's likely at least another year away.
950 is a good phone but the battery isn't the best but it's on par with the LG G5 you mentioned. I've owned both of those phones and enjoyed them equally. The G5 is a good choice for a Windows phone owner as you'll get some of the same features like Double Tap To Wake, Always on Display (like Glance) and awesome cameras but you'll have the bonus of lots of apps too

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The 950 was released almost 2 years ago. I think the 950 will get the Redstone 3 update but who knows after that. If you like W10M and don't care about updates, yes, the 950 is a good choice. Personally, I wouldn't get the 950 now.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend it. It is available relatively inexpensive (one with extras for sale in the classifieds now for $200), and it truly makes W10M much more enjoyable. There may be a switch coming to Windows on Mobile, but no one knows that yet. I say get the device you like and enjoy it for as long as can. Surface phone if it comes will be at least a year away, but its not like your 950 will stop working then.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would stay away from the LG G5. It's the 'modular' phone, correct? From what I recall reading it had a number of problems and is shaky all around.

Your best bet by far is to go with either the S7 (if you want Android), 6S for iOS or 950 if you want Windows.

I'd personally recommend the 950XL but that's because I love the larger screen, slightly faster processor and (I think) better battery life.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you've been missing out a lot, get an android and give yourself some sanity. I would rather recommend getting a OnePlus 3t it's a very good phone, runs with the latest version of Android, and most importantly it's inexpensive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon