Why am I getting Error MAPISenMail Error 2?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why am I getting Error MAPISenMail Error 2

We have an inspection program installed on our Surface Book and it is running great. The program has the ability to email the reports by simply clicking the pdf/email icon. When I click this it allows me to choose the email option and when I do that I get a message that says:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

I click "Ok" and it says "MAPISenMail Error 2: One or more unspecified errors occurred. No message was sent.

I have called support as well as our inspection software support and no one has been able to help me. Please help!

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why am I getting Error MAPISenMail Error 2

This sounds more like a software issue (as in, the software you're using) and less of a Surface Book issue. At best, it's a Windows 10 issue. I'm surprised the software company's own support cannot help you. Has this software been tested to work on Windows 10? You have also neglected to mention whether or not there is in fact an email program installed on the machine and if so, if it is set as the default email program.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why am I getting Error MAPISenMail Error 2

The long and short of it is that if you are using the Windows 10 Mail program, it doesn't support that type of mail access. You need a desktop email client such as Outlook. This will undoubtedly change at some point in the future, but it's solved by an office 365 subscription, so I don't think Microsoft will make it a top priority to develop a free version that will compete with it.

That said, if you are using a desktop mail client and you are seeing that type of message, you have a file association issue. But I don't think that's what's happening here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon