Slight creaking sound on my Surface Pro

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I write with my stylus on my Surface Pro being flat on my desk without any cover folded under it. Whenever I write, whether its with a pencil or stylus on a paper or my Surface, I tend to put some pressure on my hand onto the writing surface (pun not intended). When I'm writing on my Surface Pro, I hear slight, quiet, creaking sounds coming from the screen, because of the pressure. Is this a bad thing for my screen? Does this happen to anyone else when they're writing on their Surface Pro?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought that this is normal behaviour, but I don't think much pressure would be involved with writing so I wouldn't worry about it. If you do get more concerned you can always run this by MS support and see what they say?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any update on the cause? Does this happen when you push on the screen without the pen? Is it the pen that is making this noise.

I write on the screen all the time and do not see this at all.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any update on the cause? Does this happen when you push on the screen without the pen? Is it the pen that is making this noise.

I write on the screen all the time and do not see this at all.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was planning on contacting Surface tech support sometime this weekend. I use my stylus by having my hand on the screen when I write. It's not the stylus making the noise because I tried (so, so, carefully - I heart my Surface) to recreate the sound by gently pressing my hand on different parts of the screen and found the creaking noise happens when I have my hand anywhere on the inside of the screen (mainly/especially on the center) but not really at all unless I try to make the sound when I'm writing with my hand on the black screen border.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett