Photo saving in RT
03-20-2013 10:39 PM
- No I meant Skydrive on your Windows PC stupid spell check. If I understand your question you are trying to get photos saved on your Windows PC uploaded to Skydrive correct? The Windows Skydrive app gives you Skydrive in a file manager format so you can drag and drop items from folders on your PC to folders on Skydrive.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/download11-15-2012 10:37 AM
- Yes, and, my surf Rt is pulling photos from FB and from files I've designated on my desktop. Since my last post, I just took the files I wanted, uploaded them to Skydrive and should be able to download them onto my Surface soon. Let me know if there is an easier way. :)
-Doc11-15-2012 10:42 AM
- 03-09-2013 02:58 PM
- Bump.. Excuse this single insistence, but my friend lives 2500 miles away and I won't be seeing her soon; plus I've already made several suggestions that haven't worked, and I'm not sure whether there's something I haven't done right on my end. I'll start a new post, if necessary; but I always try the search option first. Thanks.I have a question related to this response which I found through a search: I have uploaded photos to two albums on my SkyDrive and shared each album with a friend, sending emails to her RT WinLive address. She has accessed/viewed the photos but not figured out how to download the pics to her RT. I no longer have my RT to figure this out for her. Does Coreldan's response above hold for our case where it involves photos from a shared SkyDrive folder rather than with one's own account which is the subject in this thread? Also, I have checked/granted "edit" rights to these folders and find no other rights to grant, such as download: is that sufficient on my end? Thanks much.03-11-2013 12:51 PM
- Try this link and go through the tabs for info:
Overview - Microsoft Windows
I think if you both have an outlook.com email you can share. I haven't done it yet but it prompted me to form a group folder to share files and folders. I formed a group but have not coordinated with my daughter in FL.03-11-2013 01:55 PM
- Thank you, calfee. Does your daughter have an RT, and the SkyDrive app? Did you "share" from your SkyDrive through the email pop-up, to her RT, and specify edit permission for the folder(s). If so, I'd sure welcome a tip on how she downloaded or saved your photos to her RT. Thanks again. I had thought of just giving her my password; but if I'm sharing and permitting "edit", that should be sufficient, and just be a matter of know-how.03-11-2013 04:03 PM
- The way I see it skydrive is available to any device that can open a browser. If you get a free outlook.com [Microsoft] email address you automatically get 7 gigs of free skydrive which is available to any device with a browser. Free office web apps are also available inside skydrivelive.com. I ran a skydrive app and it placed a folder under C:\users\myPCname\skydrive. It shows up with My pictures; documents; videos; music. Go to this web site it explains more.
Share files and folders and change permissions - SkyDrive
If you drag photos into your skydrive folder on your C: drive are they really there or are they in the cloud.03-12-2013 01:36 AM
- Update, you got me fooling with my skydrive account. I dragged a bunch of photos from a photos folder to my skydrive folder in my C: drive. Then I opened a new tab went to skydrivelive and watched the photo's uploading. Upload is slower than download. When done I disconnected from the internet and checked my C:drive folder. The photos were there so I had a copy on my drive and the cloud.
Then I went back to the cloud, created a word document in the cloud and put it in the folder on the cloud. I shut down my WiFi and checked my hard drive and the document was there. It doesn't matter where the material was created or came from there is a copy on your pc and in the cloud. Great backup.03-12-2013 02:18 AM
- One more. My daughter does not have an RT we both have desktops. I have Win8 she does not. When you are in skydrive in the photos folder in thumb nail view you can checkmark the photos you want to download. I tried with a netbook. If you are in slide show viewing one at a time there is a download tab.
I went back to that site: Share files and folders and change permissions - SkyDrive
Make sure you click the "Show All" button to expand all the info.......I missed that the first time.03-12-2013 03:01 AM
- I know it has been a while and I maybe the only one looking at this thread but I found this Skydrive tutorial link:
How to Create and Work with Groups in SkyDrive | 7 Tutorials03-20-2013 10:39 PM
- Windows Tablets & Laptops
- Microsoft / Nokia
- Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
Photo saving in RT
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD