Flash Videos and Xbox Smart Glass

sallyhats

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I have started the transition from Apple to Microsoft. I want to purchase the Microsoft Surface but I need to know if it can do what I want it to. So i know that some flash sites are blocked and there is a way to add them to the system. My question is if I decide to play a flash based video from a site, can i watch it on my tv through smart glass? The promotional video for Smart Glass shows the guy sending the video he's watching on the surface to the tv through his xbox. Am I correct in assuming that this will work with any video that is playing on the surface?

Thanks

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure about flash-based video from Surface to Xbox is possible, it may have been video from their video app. I will have to check though. I've only watched videos through their video app, but I will check in the morning

sallyhats

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If you can send websites to the tv, im thinking its just a matter of maximizing the video to full screen. Thanks for testing it out.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, there is no ability to send a website from your surface screen to your tv screen. Why they omitted this feature? I don't know, but it's a good thing to add in the future. However, you do have the ability to have a website up on the tv and send it to the surface. I may have overlooked a feature, but I'm skeptical.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BS. You can copy a URL in IE, flip over to smartglass and paste it in and browse to that site on IE for Xbox. It isn't going to play flash though and you need to ween yourself off that crap. Flash is going the way of the dodo bird. Many of the pr0n sites you are wanting to visit will automatically play HTML5 video so you can watch that on IE for 360.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes