02-24-2013, 10:27 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Here's the problem:
I recently bought the new windows surface RT an at some point I couldn't unlock it anymore.. It keeps saying it's a wrong password, I've tried anything..
I changed my Microsoft password online but it still doesn't work..
Anyone else has that problem?
- 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM #2
I've not had the problem, but someone I know did. She called MS and they walked her through changing her password online (via a PC), and then log back into the Surface. The trick was that the Surface *has* to have internet access via WiFi for it to work - if it's not connected to the Internet, then it cannot confirm the new password.
- 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM #4
Make sure you are connected to WiFi to use your new password and be aware that it is case sensitive. If you can't connect to the internet you will need to enter your old password.
^^As suggested above you could have a local account, but I also found creating a picture password and pin give you extra login methods you will remember better and they don't sync (so thus can' be changed) to online.
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM #5
- 995 Posts
You did make a USB recovery thumb drive when you got your RT, right?
If you didn't, you might be able to go back where you bought it and make one from another Surface RT. Then boot off it and start fresh.Guz
iPhone 3G (broken)
Blackberry 6320 (retired)
Lumia 810 (current)
- By rmeigs in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
- By scott19931223 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 22Last Post: 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM
- By noodlebomb in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 11Last Post: 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
- By Jazmac in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM
- By tbonenga in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM