Anybody else not like the new Search?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Its nice and all that you can search and it looks through the web and your pc ,one stop shop for searching, but how do you use it as a traditional search?

The type of search where i type something and then i can filter for new news from the last 24 hours or something. If i search something, it really just pulls some really old articles. Is there away to filter the results?

i know you can use IE and go on bing, but the search shoudl work the same as the browser version.

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used it much so far, but I noticed that you can go to Bing, pin it to the start screen, and you have the live tile and more or less the functionality of the previous bing tile.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I find the layout to be somewhat bewildering but I've only used it once. Will try to give it a few more chances.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I find the layout to be somewhat bewildering but I've only used it once. Will try to give it a few more chances.

I get the reason why they implemented this, but there should still be a traditional search method.

For example, when i want to look at new articles of Microsoft, i type in microsoft in search whether bing/google and then i hit the filter for articles within the last 24 hours. Then it shows me anything from windows phone, xbox, office, windows 8 articles that were published within the last 24 hours. With the new search, i can't filter, it just pulls up general items, wiki, old articles or other random stuff. Filled will junk IMO and not what im looking for. Also, when i search microsoft, and press enter to search, it opens excel because the first thing it searches is excel. I understand this is a preview, but hopefully it can do a traditional search in addition to the all out search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes