Magnetic Lens Accesories?

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of the magnetic lens attachments out there will work for our phones? Or any place in D.C. to buy a pack so I can test and let everyone know if they'll work.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've come up empty. I think I'm going to start my own collection with a 28mm ND filter (thanks for leaving this off, Nokia!) and two rubberbands :p

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I would have figured with that huge camera cover we'd have a great surface for them to stick. Guess its either non ferrous or ceramic.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about the ones similar to what's shown here: Nokia Lumia 920 can take magnetic lens attachments too | Windows Phone Central

Yes, I've used those on my Lumia 1020, but you've got to stick on one of the rings that come with the kits.

I don't think it affects the OIS.

The fisheye one is interesting to see. You can see the OIS working as you move -- the black circular frame from the fisheye lens shifts around as you move.

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that shift even when I try to take a shot normally. It's funny to watch the focus reticle shift ever so slightly around the screen as the OIS compensates for handshake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes