Lumia 1020 AT&T unlock code not found

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys, i have to post here. I have an at&t 1020. I called the customer service many times, some don't approve my request, some tried to search my IMEI number and said it's unlockable but the unlock code does not show in the system. One lady created a case for me to create the unlock code, a day later i received an automated email which has a issue tracking number and tell me the my issue has been resolved. But no unlock code was sent . So i tried to call them back again, but no code was found,either. Can anyone tell me what i should do now ? I really need this phone unlocked. If anyone has an AT&T account and help me to get a more proper unlock request, i would be appreciated. Thank you.:wink:

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
i have the same issue with my phone, they say it recognizes the device as a Nokia device in their systems but there's no unlock code

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.....My original was unlocked, then Nokia sent me a replacement, now having this issue. AT&T told me it has to be on their network for 6 months now.....

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Got in another phone call, they say nokia can now create my code, Here is the number they gave me: 1-888-6654-228. Haven't try it yet.

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I would keep calling AT&T until you get a service rep that knows what they're doing. I got my unlock code on the second attempt, first attempt the service rep told me I could do it myself and gave me some website, but when using that website it said the phone couldn't be unlocked at this time etc....I called the second time, got a different service rep...Asked me a few questions, and then gave me the unlock code. So it really just depends on who you talk to, so I would call back.

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's an issue AT&T is having with the device(s). It's documented now and they are working on fix. It's not the rep. Apparently some IMEI's have not been inputted into the system correctly. This is what I was told by someone quite high up. Once (gulp) IF mine is rectified, I will give you the avenues I took.

NOKIA cannot supply unlock codes. They are supplied through the carrier only.

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Update : My case for creating an unlock code for the device was rejected because i'm not an AT&T customer. AT&T changed their policy, non-AT&T customer can not receive unlock request. It's depending on the computer, not agent. Will i borrow my friend's AT&T number and it's good to go ?

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
These unlockers (cellunlocker, etc. ) cannot generate a code for these phones either.

Squall, your phone came with an AT&T SIM card correct? Go online, activate on GoPhone service, you're now a customer. You do not have to put any $$ on the account. But, it will generate a number and make you a "customer".

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
These unlockers (cellunlocker, etc. ) cannot generate a code for these phones either.

Squall, your phone came with an AT&T SIM card correct? Go online, activate on GoPhone service, you're now a customer. You do not have to put any $$ on the account. But, it will generate a number and make you a "customer".

Okay, my request got through, after i provided them an AT&T account, i received a 9 digits that is my case number, i have to wait at least two business days. Have u got your device unlocked ?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Except they couldn't do it for me. They gave me a refund and said that they don't have the unlock codes for my phone at the time.

that's funny. You sure it was Cellunlocker.net? I tried numerous other unlocking sites and all of them refunded my money saying it wasn't in the system. Then I tried cellunlocker and they emailed me my unlock code in like 10 minutes. It cost like three times more than other sites, but it was worth it because they could actually do it.

DarkAce22

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I was given my unlock code this morning for Nokia 1020. I bought the found without contract from AT&T store and customer service was happy to give me the unlock code. Now i have to get a non-AT&T SIM card and try the code out. Good luck.

Heb Man

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've spend two days on the phone to AT&T reps and they are definitely giving me the hand. They will NOT unlock for non customers now, they have changed their policy and will only direct you to the website which needs a wireless number to use which I don't have! Very frustrating.
Cellunlocker.net and a few other sites have been unable to provide a code so it looks like I've got a phone I can't use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99