Sudden problems with Nokia Lumia 1020

Forestowl

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi! My Nokia Lumia 1020 has been working fine until I started having problems with it today. I plugged in the charger like i normally do, but when I took the charger out, the phone still thinks it's charging. I have to restart the phone without charger for the charging to stop, but when I enter the pin code the phone turns off and restarts everytime i enter it. I can only enter the phone if i press cancel on the pin code window and pull down the menu and and enter it by pressing some of the notifications and then enter the pin code.

The phone can only be entered normally when it is charging. When the phone is in rest mode I can't turn it on unless i plug in a charger, and I can't switch to the lockscreen or switch off the screen. I have to plug in the charger everytime for the screen to turn on. If someone calls me, the screen is still black and I can't turn it on. If i try to download an app, it won't download, and my emails won't synchronize automatically anymore. I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. Any ideas on how I can solve this? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
At a guess I would say you have two options.

1 A new battery.

2 A new phone.

The phone is getting old and batteries have a limited life, yours seems to have died a bit more suddenly than most.

I could be wrong of course, but it does sound like it to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes