New 1520 - issues with Bluetooth, Music, Whatsapp ?

mjoshi123

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Okay finally got my 1520, I think I like the device overall but there are three important things to resolve.
Phone is updated to latest and greatest ver 8.1

1) Bluetooth connectivity.
I cannot get my device to connect with my 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon, my iPhone 5, Lumia 521 connected fine with the car. With 1520 there is no bluetooth connectivity in car. It is important to have handsfree access in car. So what are my options. ?

2) How do I get music from my iTunes into my new 1520. I tried to use Windows Phone app from the MAC Store but it is giving me error while trying to sync the music.

3) How do I get my Whatsapp messages from my old iPhone to my new Windows Phone ?

4) What is good screen protector which doesnot compromise screen touch quality.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Bluetooth issue, since your 521 connected fine, perhaps you should look into the Bluetooth function of the car. Maybe it has a limit of saved devices and you might have to remove one to be able to add another?

Music on your 1520... just drag and drop. Wait... You're using a mac? Can't help you there. Check and see if there's an update for the Windows Phone app.

mjoshi123

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Regarding the Bluetooth issue, since your 521 connected fine, perhaps you should look into the Bluetooth function of the car. Maybe it has a limit of saved devices and you might have to remove one to be able to add another?

Music on your 1520... just drag and drop. Wait... You're using a mac? Can't help you there. Check and see if there's an update for the Windows Phone app.

Thank you Ed, yes looks like Acuralink doesnot support Lumia 1520 (too new ?).
For music issue is resolved with Windows Phone for MAC
What is option for Whatsapp ? Anyone know about it ?

bodjor

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
As per your WhatsApp question: You can backup your messages from your previous phone to the WhatsApp cloud and restore them on your 1520.

mjoshi123

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
As per your WhatsApp question: You can backup your messages from your previous phone to the WhatsApp cloud and restore them on your 1520.
Nope it is not working that way ? I've tried it backup from my iPhone and then back again on WP, only thing it does is it shows all the groups I'm part of but none of messages are transfered from old device to new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes