Just updated to denim , horrible selfie and slooooow rotation

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey I just updated my L1520 to Lumia denim , I like the fast camera and it REALLY takes fast shots , but the selfie is really crap !! It never was like that ! (btw it is living now , wow !!)and also it takes forever to rotate , anyone like me ??

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just updated my L1520 to Lumia denim , I like the fast camera and it REALLY takes fast shots , but the selfie is really crap !! It never was like that ! (btw it is living now , wow !!)and also it takes forever to rotate , anyone like me ??

I'm having the same problem. The front facing camera just doesn't seem as good as before. I tested it by going to Settings > Photos+Camera and changing the default camera back to Microsoft Camera (it's no longer in the apps list). The photos taken with the MS Camera seemed better than the Lumia camera. My phone is also slow to rotate. It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to rotate now. At first I thought it was just the camera app, but nope, it's through the whole OS.

Update:

The slow rotating just kinda comes and goes.

Last edited:

ScapegoatSarthak

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed another weird issue which is related: when the rotation is locked (on portrait mode) and I go to Lumia Camera > Settings, the settings menu appears in landscape mode. I have already done a soft reset but I haven't had time to fiddle around with it a lot yet. Will do so over the weekend. :eck:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't do selfies 'cause I might break my camera but my rotation seems the same. It was never swift to begin with and sometimes I would have to shake the phone to get it to respond. Actually, I find it easier to deal with than the hair-trigger displays on iPhones and some Androids.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't notice this at first but the time was wrong on my phone. Easily fixed by setting the time back to automatic.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the rotate bug is common (universal?) after installing Denim and is triggered as soon as you use the new camera. A hard reset is the only lasting solution, but that will squash the bug for good.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the rotate bug is common (universal?) after installing Denim and is triggered as soon as you use the new camera. A hard reset is the only lasting solution, but that will squash the bug for good.

Damn, I woke up this morning thinking I should try a hard reset. I'm actually backing up my settings right now. Thanks for the info.

Update:

Hard reset only took about an hour, so not too bad. I've been using the phone for about two hours with no signs of rotation problems. Hopefully it stays fixed.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone experiencing these problems started from a clean install?

I'm curious. Still waiting for Denim to hit my 1520.3. When it does my plan is to use LSRT and get a clean install then a hard reset before restoring data and plugging my cards back in.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I thought the reason for all the delays were so these things could be tested? Maybe they are doing something else instead of actually testing stuff?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Didn't notice the slow rotation until I read this . A soft reset worked for me. Now the rotation is on point. Good observation OP!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it should be faster, check out how fast it is when you use the mytube! App, unreal!!

Wow, ill have to reinstall MyTube. It's painfully slow on that App for me, even the beta. It's been since before Denim, for me. No change at all. I did a soft reset after updating, too.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Didn't notice the slow rotation until I read this . A soft reset worked for me. Now the rotation is on point. Good observation OP!

It worked for me when I changed the language to French and then back to English and it was really fast , just 3 minutes after and it is slow again :/ how's the soft reset done ? To make sure I'm doing it right

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3