Capacitive button brightness with Denim Update

neil0311

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the brightness of the capacitive buttons on the Lumia 1520 with the Denim update stays on high. The buttons seem much brighter in low light.

Anyone else see this? Is there a way to turn off or reduce the brightness for the buttons?

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does a hard reset fix this?

Edit: hard reset DOES NOT fix this.

Makes the phone unusable for me. Back to Cyan for me.

Last edited:

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the day I wish they would just offer the option to disable the lighting for the navigation keys........would be so much better for those late night youtube videos I watch:)

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue - very Annoying. The Capacitive buttons are on full-bright constantly now and will not dim with the rest of the illumination. Really disappointing, my 1520 was always so good at being the right brightness automatically. Something my wife's iPhone 5s and her GS4 both fail at. Please fix this.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Makes the phone unusable for me. I have reverted to Cyan + Developer Preview,

It was actually tricky to do that because I had to get DP installed before the phone checked for updates for the first time. Once that happens, you're on the train to Denim and can't go down the Cyan+DP path. It took me 2 tries to get it right.

Bad news indeed.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually it now seems impossible to revert to Cyan+DP.

I tried it and would up with Denim. It seems that the firmware update is somehow integrated into the DP updates, even though turning DP off was required to get Denim from Cyan+DP.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys, when you find a commonly shared bug, the best effort you can try is to open a thread in the appropriate official WP support forum, describe the problem in detail, and then start a thread here in Windows Central to gather anyone who encounter the same bug/problem to support your thread. Just like how I did for our HK CV Lumia 1520 OTA update.
Even this won't guarantee the problem you found get solved, but I don't know a better approach to let MS know it.
Just my 2 cents.

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did know that :) However, the light has become so bright that it irritates my eyes even during the day, not only night time. I can't go around with the battery saver on at all times =/

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes I did know that :) However, the light has become so bright that it irritates my eyes even during the day, not only night time. I can't go around with the battery saver on at all times =/

really?!! REALLY?!! so bright it hurts your eyes? really!! maybe you should goto a doctor and take out the mirror lenses you had installed LOL I noticed my capacitive buttons are brighter but nothing like your describing! gimme a break LOL

3685250_std.jpg

Last edited:

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for being so understanding about other peoples problems.

Seriously tho, you don't think it's annoyingly bright ? My eyes can't look at the screen without the light shining strongly in the peripheral vision.

really?!! REALLY?!! so bright it hurts your eyes? really!! maybe you should goto a doctor and take out the mirror lenses you had installed LOL I noticed my capacitive buttons are brighter but nothing like your describing! gimme a break LOL

View attachment 99547

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for being so understanding about other peoples problems.

Seriously tho, you don't think it's annoyingly bright ? My eyes can't look at the screen without the light shining strongly in the peripheral vision.

I am understanding of other peoples problems, when they don't exaggerate the problem! if the screen is too bright you can adjust that! but we're not talking about the screen, we're talking about the CAPACITIVE BUTTONS... which I find it IMPOSSIBLE that they hurt your eyes in daylight! just sayin...

Mess096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for another bad update Microsoft!
After the latest Lumia Camera Classic update my screen no longer rotates nor does it dim. Still waiting for an update for the bright capacitive buttons. I have a feeling I will be putting tape over those.
Stop putting out updates that break other parts of our phones and fix what is broken!
Is it to much to ask?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa