Headphone/Speaker Playback Issues

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed a couple problems pop up once in a while with my new 520 and I'm wondering if it's just me or other people are having it as well.

First, sometimes if I plug in my headphones and then start playing a song, the music playback will come through the built-in speaker rather than the headphones. The first time this happened it was a bit embarrassing because I was in the library.

The other issue that I also have sometimes is that if I unplug the headphones while something is playing, the music doesn't always pause on its own. Sometimes it will continue to play through the built-in speaker instead.

I haven't found a particular way to always get those two things to trigger. It seems pretty random. If no one else is having these problems, I might exchange my phone. But I'd rather not deal with the hassle of reinstalling everything if this is a software problem that a lot of people are having (because then it'll probably get patched down the road).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Neither of those are obviously supposed to happen. It could very well be a hardware issue with the port. Does it do it with other headphones? Have you tried replicating it with specific apps vs. others?

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with the headphone jack that must be a design flaw because I returned my first and got a replacement. When I plug in headphones, I have to position the headphone plug a certain way to get both channels to come through. Otherwise, one side is muffled or not playing at all. It's not my headphones because I tried different pairs, and they all have the same issue. Those same headphones worked perfectly on my previous Galaxy S3.

When I unplug the headphones while I'm listening to music that I've loaded, play stops, so it seems to work on my phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with the headphone jack that must be a design flaw because I returned my first and got a replacement. When I plug in headphones, I have to position the headphone plug a certain way to get both channels to come through. Otherwise, one side is muffled or not playing at all. It's not my headphones because I tried different pairs, and they all have the same issue. Those same headphones worked perfectly on my previous Galaxy S3.

When I unplug the headphones while I'm listening to music that I've loaded, play stops, so it seems to work on my phone.

Sound like OP should get an exchange if possible to see if it is that particular phone that has issues.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Neither of those are obviously supposed to happen. It could very well be a hardware issue with the port. Does it do it with other headphones? Have you tried replicating it with specific apps vs. others?

I've only experienced the problem with Xbox Music, but then again that is the music app that I use most of the time. In addition, I've had the problem happen with 3 different headphones. So it probably is the headphone at fault here.

I'll go ahead and try to exchange the phone and see if it makes a difference. I'll update if I get any new info. Thank you for your help!

benjamouth

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

Damn I'm getting the same thing, sounds like I'm going to have to return the phone, that's annoying.

longbeachmike

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I too had problems with the headphone jack; the sound was muffled and annoyingly choppy. It almost seemed like the headphones weren't fully in the jack. And lo and behold, that's exactly what was the issue. Because the jack is in an angle, it hoovers in much more dust and such than I would have thought (I keep my phone in my pantpocket). Trying to jam in my headphones compressed the stuff in to a nice small layer on the bottom of the jack. I then just digged the stuff out and all was again well.

It's probably not the solution for your problems, but some goofs like me could find this helpful. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial