A guide for users who didn't get proper Amber update

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys I updated my Nokia Lumia 520 using NSU. Now the speaker of the phone is not working in terms of playing songs/videos. But works with FM radio in loudspeaker mode. Resetting/Restarting is not solving this problem. Please help! and it works through headphones. Only songs in loudspeaker and ringtones are not working

Approach Nokia care

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
After extracting, just switch to offline mode and restart NSU.

Now connect your 520, then you can see the firmware on the screen.

Hi Nikhilteja, I finally managed to see the firmware on the NSU but on the integrity check section, it says, ?some of firmware package files are missing?, ?Download package again or select another firmware?. How do I proceed?

FYI, i downloaded the firmware from the link that you provided....

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Nikhilteja, I finally managed to see the firmware on the NSU but on the integrity check section, it says, “some of firmware package files are missing”, “Download package again or select another firmware”. How do I proceed?

@Ganatha

Try deleting and extracting the RM-914 folder again. The package after extracting should be 1.28GB. If you face the same problem then your download may be broken, download it again.

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
@Ganatha

Try deleting and extracting the RM-914 folder again. The package after extracting should be 1.28GB. If you face the same problem then your download may be broken, download it again.

Hi,

The firmware that i've got is 1.28GB, i guess the only other option is to download it again.

Thanx

rs738

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I followed exactly what @nikhilteja did but with a little change.
After I downloaded the NSU and the firmware, I could NOT find the formware as advised by him, I then TURNED ON my internet connection, then NSU "updated itself" to the latest version NSU 4.1.0, then I disconnected the internet. Voila! I could see the firmware now in the NSU settings. Then connected my FULLY CHARGED phone WITHOUT the microSD card( was worried I may loose all my music collection) and I got the AMBER update. I hope this is of some help. Again, Thanks to all!
Hi Nikhilteja, I finally managed to see the firmware on the NSU but on the integrity check section, it says, ?some of firmware package files are missing?, ?Download package again or select another firmware?. How do I proceed?

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I followed exactly what @nikhilteja did but with a little change.
After I downloaded the NSU and the firmware, I could NOT find the formware as advised by him, I then TURNED ON my internet connection, then NSU "updated itself" to the latest version NSU 4.1.0, then I disconnected the internet. Voila! I could see the firmware now in the NSU settings. Then connected my FULLY CHARGED phone WITHOUT the microSD card( was worried I may loose all my music collection) and I got the AMBER update. I hope this is of some help. Again, Thanks to all!

Hi rs738,

I tried your approach and still got, “some of firmware package files are missing”....

Seenabangalore

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks nikhil, your idea worked out on my lumia 520, radio option has finally appeared and extra+info shows AMBER. I followed the procedure exactly. All is ok , ur rom file are ok...... Guys who did not get it, check there should be exactly 11 files in zip - 5-.bin files, 1 each DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL XML...... if u download any rom of any country there will 11 files. download NSU 11.0 as 3.0.8 version wont work now. cheers

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks nikhil, your idea worked out on my lumia 520, radio option has finally appeared and extra+info shows AMBER. I followed the procedure exactly. All is ok , ur rom file are ok...... Guys who did not get it, check there should be exactly 11 files in zip - 5-.bin files, 1 each DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL XML...... if u download any rom of any country there will 11 files. download NSU 11.0 as 3.0.8 version wont work now. cheers

@Seen,

Thanx alot for your info. The rom that i downloaded AGAIN has got 11files, 5 bin type and the other 6 are DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL and XML.

Still not updating, should i try another computer?

P.s; i presume you meant download NSU 4.1.0 and not 11.0......

sach1607

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
In India, those user who have firmware 1030.6408.1309.0002 can update to amber. I just completed my update successfully using settings->phone update. finally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel