On the new Cricket Wireless -> can't send/receive MMS

detlion1643

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I knew I might have some trouble with MMS, taking my newly unlocked T-Mobile branded 521 to Cricket. I've been looking at AIO for a couple of months now and just took the plunge. Got my SIM card today, unlock was easy to do, and Access Point (via settings) selected AT&T. There was also an option for AIO in the list.

I decided to attempt an MMS send via AT&T settings. That was a no go, as well as receiving them, still a no go. I then changed to AIO settings and still my sent message was never sent and I never received the test send to my phone either. All the settings via AIO match what others have posted here and elsewhere on the net to.

I talked to Cricket and they are having their technical support get back to me. So, until then, anyone else have any suggestions?

P.S. The customer service has been great so far, and the "4G" has been pulling a steady 3mb down so far. Better than TMO in my own house!

detlion1643

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I did. That's different than just powering down and back up, right? I reselected AIO that was already there in the "Access Point" settings, powered down overnight, booted up in the morning without wifi, and sometime during the day I received an MMS. I tested a send as well and I got word that it was received ok.

I have to wonder if somehow changing all the settings the other night and being on wifi were causing issues. Maybe the reboots and giving it time helped. I don't know, maybe I just rushed into thinking it should work. Anyways, I'm glad it worked!

bmtjedi

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
It took awhile for support in chat to understand me, but basically, MMS does not exist on New Cricket and they are working to make it available. No ETA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon