Manually Flash GDR2 ROM on Lumia 620

alvinsfb

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your tutorial! My Nokia Lumia 620 is now Amber updated :D

Maybe in the next display+touch update, the double-tap to wake will be enabled and the touch sensitivity will be disabled

Eduardo Wandscheer

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, why would you want touch sensitivity to be disabled? That is a great resource, my 620 is better and the touch is more soft to use, precision is better now!
If you don't want to use, just disable it in Display+touch option!

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend you all to either wait for the official Nokia GDR2 ROM 'for your country' or in case you've already updated using this manual flash method, to still flash your phone using the official Nokia GDR2 ROM 'for your country' once Nokia releases it.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
@Ashish B
Ok, why not?
I got my l620 from Russia with their firmware - network unlocked and I live in Serbia. I got on the phone only English and around 8 other languages from former soviet republics. No warranty. So now I flashed this Sweden firmware and I got my language among long list of other europe language, phone is still sim unlocked and work without any network problem... so, tell me please why not?
(except warranty part but this is not my problem cause I didn't have it before)
:winktongue:

p.s.- I don't think that GDR2 will be released any time soon for my country and btw this manual flash changed network code of my phone from 000-RU to 000-33. If there will be official update for my country I will follow do the same procedure to change firmware.

Last edited:

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
@Ashish B
Ok, why not?
I got my l620 from Russia with their firmware - network unlocked and I live in Serbia. I got on the phone only English and around 8 other languages from former soviet republics. No warranty. So now I flashed this Sweden firmware and I got my language among long list of other europe language, phone is still sim unlocked and work without any network problem... so, tell me please why not?
(except warranty part but this is not my problem cause I didn't have it before)
:winktongue:

p.s.- I don't think that GDR2 will be released any time soon for my country and btw this manual flash changed network code of my phone from 000-RU to 000-33. If there will be official update for my country I will follow do the same procedure to change firmware.

LOL, warranty is what matters! Other than that, everyone is free to install firmware from any other country as it is same everywhere.

xankazo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the clear tutorial. I was able to flash my Lumia 620. Now, I have a question: When my carrier's (Orange Dominican Republic) firmware becomes available OTA, will I receive a notification to download it? Or was the variant permanently changed after the flash?

It's a real bummer not having "double-tap to wake" as it was my most anticipated feature. Also, has anybody noticed changes in the keyboard sensitivity? I feel it a little more twitchy than GDR1, which was perfect.

Jawwad Ahmed

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the clear tutorial. I was able to flash my Lumia 620. Now, I have a question: When my carrier's (Orange Dominican Republic) firmware becomes available OTA, will I receive a notification to download it? Or was the variant permanently changed after the flash?

It's a real bummer not having "double-tap to wake" as it was my most anticipated feature. Also, has anybody noticed changes in the keyboard sensitivity? I feel it a little more twitchy than GDR1, which was perfect.

u 'll have to flash ur old firmware back...until ur nerd enough and didn't back up ur old firmware..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes