Manually Flash GDR2 ROM on Lumia 620

Jawwad Ahmed

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well if anyone is late for GDR2 Rom on NCS...here is a way to flash in manually...I am not taking any credit for this...all the effort of windowsmania,pl...I am not responsible for bricking and whatever else...after hours of searching translating I finally flashed some retail rom given on windowsmania site...
Download Rom...you need to login and do translation work on referred polish site..so im saving ur time...here is download link...pass is: WindowsMania
Lumia_620_Amber_by WindowsMania.pl.rar
•Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-846
•Windows 7 & 8: C:\Program Data\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-846
Open Care Suite..Must have latest one...then follow this procedure..
image_windowsmania_pl.png
2.png
Now click on Open Product and select your Device...Must be RM-846
3.png
Select Programming on the left at the bottom and then click Recovery..
4.png
A window will open Recovery tab. Click Update lists when downloaded soft not loaded..
5.png
uncheck download automatically..and click start...
6.png
Connect your USB cable to the computer and hold down the POWER button and mute until the screen goes blank. Release the two and you'll feel the vibration. The application should display the following. Hold down the mute button again and press the POWER and retry.
srting and then see the Rebooting.
7.png
it will ask permission...grant it..
8.png
u will see progress bar on phone screen...and wait till its done...
9.jpg
Its Done..Change your language...and have latest GDR2 Update...here are evidence from mine side...
wp_ss_20130807_0001.png wp_ss_20130807_0003.png wp_ss_20130807_0005.png

Note: I am from Pakistan and ROM is Sweden based....but wifi,sim card and edge working fine for me do it on ur risk...and thanks to windowsmania...

Guys To update ur system components follow mine following thread...:)
Manually Update System Components

Last edited:

CrazyWP8

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
@Jawwad Ahmed .... The Phone you flashed with is a Poland ROM but the screenshot you posted is from a Sweden ROM ???

Did you manage to flash your phone with the Poland Rom successfully ? Also you might want to censor that IMEI Code.

carlos118

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It worked for me, it is a polish rom it seems but asks all about sweedish localisation... but i just changed the language to English and it worked fine! Cheers!

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your effort for this tutorial and for the link of the firmware file.

One lame question tho: Can someone tell me what other langauages are inside by default? :angel:

Jawwad Ahmed

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
@Jawwad Ahmed .... The Phone you flashed with is a Poland ROM but the screenshot you posted is from a Sweden ROM ???

Did you manage to flash your phone with the Poland Rom successfully ? Also you might want to censor that IMEI Code.

Site is polish but rom is Sweden...Fone is working fine from last 24 hours no problem at all in case of me....every thing is working...galance,data sense and camera is also improved..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3