Region + Store

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this question belongs here but I can't find a more suitable catagory. I'm a Belgian Lumia user so my Phone Region is Belgium and my Phone Language is Dutch (Belgium), but I like Cortana a lot so i've changed my Region to United States and Language to English (USA), but now everything in the Store is in Dollars and I can't but anything because I can only pay with my Mobistar Provider... Is there any way to keep my Region and Language in USA but change the store to Belgium?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this question belongs here but I can't find a more suitable catagory. I'm a Belgian Lumia user so my Phone Region is Belgium and my Phone Language is Dutch (Belgium), but I like Cortana a lot so i've changed my Region to United States and Language to English (USA), but now everything in the Store is in Dollars and I can't but anything because I can only pay with my Mobistar Provider... Is there any way to keep my Region and Language in USA but change the store to Belgium?

There seems to be no way for a user to set a different store region from the phone region, since the store automatically detects the region set in the phone as soon as the phone boots up (and connects to the internet).

As a workaround, whenever I have to purchase an app, I switch to my local region (restart), purchase the app, and then switch back to US (restart again) for Cortana.

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be no way for a user to set a different store region from the phone region, since the store automatically detects the region set in the phone as soon as the phone boots up (and connects to the internet).

As a workaround, whenever I have to purchase an app, I switch to my local region (restart), purchase the app, and then switch back to US (restart again) for Cortana.

I have considered doing that but thats too much work, and if you arent at home it uses too much battery since you need to restart 2 times and download an app

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have considered doing that but thats too much work, and if you arent at home it uses too much battery since you need to restart 2 times and download an app

Yeah, I agree. On the positive side, the tediousness of this workaround should prevent us from buying apps impulsively.:cool:

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. On the positive side, the tediousness of this workaround should prevent us from buying apps impulsively.:cool:

True, but do you know if your phone is set to USA (so American Store), but you send a download from the belgian store (microsoftstore.be) does your phone receive that?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Now Cortana is also available in Germany and France. Maybe you can change your region to these countries. Maybe this will work.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
True, but do you know if your phone is set to USA (so American Store), but you send a download from the belgian store (microsoftstore.be) does your phone receive that?

No, because of two things: a) I may be able to initially set a region in the store in my laptop/computer browser different from what is set in my phone, but before I couldn't even "install" or "buy" the app the webpage will prompt me with "You can't get apps in this region. Check..." instead of an "Install", "Buy" or "Try" Icon. Clicking on that will synchronize my web store region with my phone region... only then would "Install" etc. appear in the page. The web store region needs to be the same with my phone region before I can download apps to my phone. This means that b) I won't even be able to send an app to my phone from a "different" region.

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
No, because of two things: a) I may be able to initially set a region in the store in my laptop/computer browser different from what is set in my phone, but before I couldn't even "install" or "buy" the app the webpage will prompt me with "You can't get apps in this region. Check..." instead of an "Install", "Buy" or "Try" Icon. Clicking on that will synchronize my web store region with my phone region... only then would "Install" etc. appear in the page. The web store region needs to be the same with my phone region before I can download apps to my phone. This means that b) I won't even be able to send an app to my phone from a "different" region.

Oh, dont have my laptop now so couldnt try 😞
The problem is, i could buy a microsoft gift card, which i can use on my Lumia and Xbox, but i need te give an address in the USA, are you able to give a fake address?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
There is an app on the store where you can select the region of the app store then go to that region that has apps with out changing the phone region or no restarts...I will check what is called and post back on here again

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
There is an app on the store where you can select the region of the app store then go to that region that has apps with out changing the phone region or no restarts...I will check what is called and post back on here again

Doesnt work, it just shows apps available in Belgium but you need an American payment method...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you have to wait till Cortana comes to Belgium or learn German or French or use a credit card or ...😌

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a same question. I am in US region and want to go to Vietnam marketplace

Change your region to Vietnam. And after start up go to the store. You should be than in the Vietnamese store.
After installing your apps go back to the US region.
If there is an update of the Vietnamese app you probably have to change the region again to Vietnam to do the update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes