Upgrading Lumia 630 to windows 10.

BRONZE56K

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys. I've found a tutorial how to install windows 10 mobile on lumia 630 and I have some questions.
Is it worth it to install win 10? What about my storage, is it going to be wiped? I guess I would be able to use updated apps, such as messanger, instagram etc. And is 512 ram worth upgrading?

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I did upgrade my Lumia 630 DS to Windows 10 - The latest build. Worked fine most of the times.
The issue is that Windows 10, while being quite stable right now, just can't keep up with the 512 MB RAM. The basic features work alright. You can text and call and nothing goes wrong there and Groove works okay as well. But other apps crash after being used for a few minutes.

Take 6tag (instagram client by Rudy Hyun) for example. It works okay for a few minutes but while uploading photos, it sometimes crashes. Same goes for Edge. Browsing and viewing light web pages goes okay but downloading and especially uploading is a tiresome procedure, often taken several tries before getting right. And just forget about the new Facebook and Messenger applications. They don't work at all. If you're lucky enough that they even launch, they'll crash in a matter of seconds.

If you're just going to be using the phone for basic usage, it'll work fine. Better than 8.1, in my opinion but anything apart from that, you'll get frustrated soon.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes