Microsoft is forcefully upgrading users to the new Outlook app for Windows before it imminently replaces Mail & Calendar apps to "become familiar...

Cosmocronos

Oct 9, 2019
Visit site
MS does not need to push clients to try the new version, they jus need to read the existing comments by people who have already tried it.
The point is that there is no worse deaf than someone who does not want to hear…

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jasonnovak

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a mess, I use full outlook for my email, I only used Calendar. Now I'm force switched, and it's forcing me to add an email account, my MS account is under my own domain, not outlook.com - so when I enter my MS account, it tries to add my POP email, which I don't want...

The same issue with the calendar tile since Windows 11 launch never being able to handle a non-outlook MS account domain

Now I can only access my calendar via the web. I guess it's time to switch to google calendar.

DaveDansey

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know. I use the proper Office apps but I fired up Mail just to switch to the new one and back again in order to send my feedback to them. I agree I think MS do ignore the majority of comments. I wonder if they'd pay attention if, say, 1 million people gave them feedback like the below, would they get it then?

"It's horrible! This isn't a native app - it's a website thrown in a Window... when you click the shortcuts to word\excel etc it just opens the browser.

Come on Microsoft, this is appalling, I expect so much better from you!

Massively disappointed with the laziness; you have the resources, you have the knowhow, you should have made a really excellent native Outlook app that everyone would be praising and love using. Instead you waste time and make yourselves look really bad by throwing this rubbish out there."

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria