Visual voicemail

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
What phone do you have? If its the 1520 or 920 I know for sure they do. I believe it comes standard on att but Verizon its a pay service.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile. Mine is under phone, then voicemail, then settings. It didn't work for me originally because you have to have data on (on T-Mobile at least). If you keep data off it defaults to regular voicemail.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
We absolutely have visual voicemail. (on AT&T anyway, idk about other carriers) You may have to call the number the first time to set it up, but then it's right there in the phone app... Swipe right from History/Speed Dial/Voicemail.

The default voicemail number for your carrier should be in settings, swipe right to applications - phone

mpin67

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
This is strange I have voicemail but no option for visual voicemail even in the phone settings. This is what mine is showing

My phone number
use default voicemail number option-----ON
Voicemail (call voicemail)
show caller id
call forwarding
text reply
International assist
sim security
fixed dialing
video calls

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This is strange I have voicemail but no option for visual voicemail even in the phone settings. This is what mine is showing

My phone number
use default voicemail number option-----ON
Voicemail (call voicemail)
show caller id
call forwarding
text reply
International assist
sim security
fixed dialing
video calls

Same.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
lol that's because there is no "option" for visual voicemail on that settings page. Visual voicemail is built into the phone app itself. You know, where the dialer is?? Swipe right from History>>> Speed Dial>>> Voicemail :)

Here's a screenshot of the Visual Voicemail screen from my 1520... do you not have this??

wp_ss_20141124_0002.png

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the option under "settings?"

Did you read what I posted?

The first time you set up visual voicemail, you have to hit the "call voicemail" button under settings. (it'll prompt you to give it a numerical pass code). Then, in the phone app, you should now have visual voicemail (like I have pictured above)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Once you hit that "call voicemail" button in settings, it registers your phone for visual voicemail. You should only have to call it once.. (unless you want to go back and change your greeting or pass code)

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you read what I posted?

The first time you set up visual voicemail, you have to hit the "call voicemail" button under settings. (it'll prompt you to give it a numerical pass code). Then, in the phone app, you should now have visual voicemail (like I have pictured above)

Yes, I did indeed read what you posted. Since your screenshot did not show what was listed under "settings," I was just curious if the option for visual voicemail was listed there like it is on mine, or if the options under settings vary by carrier. When I set up visual voicemail, I had to specifically choose that option under settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism