Why does my phone freeze when I insert the SD card?

rohit bhattacharjee

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Problem with SD Card

Hi Everyone,
I recently had my phone's motherboard replaced, and after that I hard reset the phone and restored the back up.
The problem arises when I insert the sd card. There are two instances to this.
First: As soon as i insert it, the phone just freezes wherever it was, whether it be locked, or whether im on the home screen, or even when in the middle of pulling the notification centre down. But, when i remove it, it starts working normally. This happens once or twice, and then the phone detects the SD card, and asks me the usual about storing my data into it.

Second Instance: This has happened twice in 12 hours yesterday. The sd card after being recognized poses no problems, until suddenly the phone hangs, and resets itself, and gets stuck on the nokia logo screen, until i pull the sd card out, or the phone responds saying that it can't read the SD card. At that point if i connect the SD card to a pc using a card reader, the PC shows that the card is unformatted, and needs to be formatted, effectively deleting all my data(and yesterday was a festival in my country, and i took a lot of photos, which a lot of people are asking :( ).
And this cycle continues.
Please Help guys. Any help will do. I think the phone is at fault and not the sd card, and i don't have the funds to buy a new phone right now. :(

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with SD Card

Hi Everyone,
I recently had my phone's motherboard replaced, and after that I hard reset the phone and restored the back up.
The problem arises when I insert the sd card. There are two instances to this.
First: As soon as i insert it, the phone just freezes wherever it was, whether it be locked, or whether im on the home screen, or even when in the middle of pulling the notification centre down. But, when i remove it, it starts working normally. This happens once or twice, and then the phone detects the SD card, and asks me the usual about storing my data into it.

Second Instance: This has happened twice in 12 hours yesterday. The sd card after being recognized poses no problems, until suddenly the phone hangs, and resets itself, and gets stuck on the nokia logo screen, until i pull the sd card out, or the phone responds saying that it can't read the SD card. At that point if i connect the SD card to a pc using a card reader, the PC shows that the card is unformatted, and needs to be formatted, effectively deleting all my data(and yesterday was a festival in my country, and i took a lot of photos, which a lot of people are asking :( ).
And this cycle continues.
Please Help guys. Any help will do. I think the phone is at fault and not the sd card, and i don't have the funds to buy a new phone right now. :(

Move your photos to your PC, then format it
I had the same problem with my Nokia 701 runs Symbian, I had to get a new one :-\

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Windows phone 8.1 needs Class 6 or above SD card...what SD card are u using?? The memory card itself might be faulty try replacing your SD card with a new one.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

1. NEVER insert/remove your SD on a powered on device. Use the proper instructions. If you want to remove it go to the setting "remove SD card" power off and get it out.
2 Same as FAHMI. Check your SD card on errors in your PC and format it. If you get unrepairable errors get a new SD card.

rohit bhattacharjee

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

1. NEVER insert/remove your SD on a powered on device. Use the proper instructions. If you want to remove it go to the setting "remove SD card" power off and get it out.
2 Same as FAHMI. Check your SD card on errors in your PC and format it. If you get unrepairable errors get a new SD card.

The phone freezes unless I take out the sd card, so I can't actually go into the settings to remove it safely. That is the problem.

and I have a class 10 sandisk ultra 16gb micro sd card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2