Can't decide! LG G3 Beat or Lumia 730????

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh. Thank you for that information. Really confused with it. But is the screen of 730 really that good? I really love the design of 730. Especially when the navigation bar is hidden.

Yes its one of the better screens u will find in the price range. The fact that its enhanced by CBD and u also get color profile setting to tune it to ur needs makes it even better.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I'm reading the review. But all seems positive. Ughhh. Really don't knowww. By the way, what phone are you using ?

I thought my signature gives u a good idea of what it is? :)
Anyway I've been a Lumia 620 user since the first day of its launch in India back in March 2013.
I also got the Nexus 7 tab which i mainly use for web browsing and gaming ;)

And yeah 730 is a phone without any faults by itself. Anything faulty is mostly to do with the software(at least thats what the reviewers think).

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought my signature gives u a good idea of what it is? :)
Anyway I've been a Lumia 620 user since the first day of its launch in India back in March 2013.
I also got the Nexus 7 tab which i mainly use for web browsing and gaming ;)

And yeah 730 is a phone without any faults by itself. Anything faulty is mostly to do with the software(at least thats what the reviewers think).

Oh sorry. Haha. I'm using WC App so that's why. I'm also thinking about getting the Nexus 7 instead of a new phone. My Lumia 520 still works anyways. And I just use it mainly for text and calls. Hmmm...

By the way, how's your experience so far with Lumia 620?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry. Haha. I'm using WC App so that's why. I'm also thinking about getting the Nexus 7 instead of a new phone. My Lumia 520 still works anyways. And I just use it mainly for text and calls. Hmmm...

By the way, how's your experience so far with Lumia 620?
Its a great phone. Back in the day 620 was basically a mini flagship since it had almost everything the Lumia flagships had(NFC and haac microphones for example). Things even the successor of the phone the 630 didn't have.
The only trouble though is the battery which is terrible and maybe cos I am a pfd user it heats up highly when downloading over cellular network.
But its still a solid performer and got an excellent screen which even today beats a lot of the smart phones in the range.
I will be upgrading Q3 next year though.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 520 to a Beat ("Vigor" here in the U.S.) and ultimately wasn't very happy with it. I returned it and now have an 830. (I also really liked the 730/735, but they aren't available here). Besides just preferring WP to Android, my two main gripes with the Beat were photo quality and battery life. The Beat was pretty mediocre with both. The software enhancements on the Nokia really enhance the camera hardware, and I would imagine the 730 would take nicer photos than the LG even if the specs on the camera hardware are lower.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to belittle your search for knowledge, but it really is JUST a phone. It's not your wife. It's not a dog or cat. It's a hunk of plastic/metal and glass.
Find what suites you best, what YOU will like using and go with it. *Keep in mind that the iPhone4 has been on the market for a LOONG time.

Chances are, you're going to be asking this same question again in 12-18 months. There are a lot more important things to be spending your life on.

*Everyone wonders why the carriers have so much weight. This discussion is the reason why they do. We spend so much time on worrying about what is THE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT device, the carriers know it. Think about it.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
To get burn-in, you have to let the display sit for a very long time like they do in stores where it sits at the Start screen. That's not how you use a phone at home or out and about. You don't leave the screen at the start screen for hours, do you? Of course not. The screen is usually off or your sliding the screen up and down or you're running an app.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I am biased - go for the Lumia 730.

You already know the ecosystem. Going to Android - you might be creating a bunch of new google accounts.

I have a good tablet and definitely prefer Windows Phone OS over Android. Both also do integrate well with their services.
i.e Microsoft products - one drive, office 365, Skype Google Google Drive, Google+

STICK WITH THE LUMIA!!!!

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 520 to a Beat ("Vigor" here in the U.S.) and ultimately wasn't very happy with it. I returned it and now have an 830. (I also really liked the 730/735, but they aren't available here). Besides just preferring WP to Android, my two main gripes with the Beat were photo quality and battery life. The Beat was pretty mediocre with both. The software enhancements on the Nokia really enhance the camera hardware, and I would imagine the 730 would take nicer photos than the LG even if the specs on the camera hardware are lower.

How was the multitasking so far with Vigor? Reviewers said the same thing though.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I wanted a 735 myself; but could not find one for a reasonable price so I bought a Moto G lte. Though the 735 is a better phone the MOto G lte is very good for $200. The LG G3 is out of this world; but it will set you back 500$+/. My brother has one and it is very, very nice. You could get a Moto G and a 735 for the price of a LG G3. I am biding my time for a new Windows phone to replace my 820. No hurry, with my 820 and Moto G lte, I am just fine so I can take my time and get what I really want. Not a half measure. I would still not mind having a 735; but I am not going to pay 400$ for it.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So these are my choices for my next upgrade from Lumia 520. What do you think guys is the best bang for the buck?!!

At that price range, you have a couple of options that includes offering from Sony. However, I'd add a little bit more and get the Honor 6.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How was the multitasking so far with Vigor? Reviewers said the same thing though.

Multi tasking was fine. Really, everything ran pretty smooth on the Vigor. I find the amount of notifications in android to be obnoxiously high and not easy to reign in, but that's an android issue and nothing to do with the phone. Besides the camera and battery life, the hardware on the Vigor was pretty good. Right size, screen looked good, and it felt good to hold.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I wanted a 735 myself; but could not find one for a reasonable price so I bought a Moto G lte. Though the 735 is a better phone the MOto G lte is very good for $200. The LG G3 is out of this world; but it will set you back 500$+/. My brother has one and it is very, very nice. You could get a Moto G and a 735 for the price of a LG G3. I am biding my time for a new Windows phone to replace my 820. No hurry, with my 820 and Moto G lte, I am just fine so I can take my time and get what I really want. Not a half measure. I would still not mind having a 735; but I am not going to pay 400$ for it.

The G3 we are talking abt here is the G3 Beat, which is basically a G3 mini. Its got only 5" and 720p with Snapdragon 400 and 1gb ram and is priced close to 730 :).

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Multi tasking was fine. Really, everything ran pretty smooth on the Vigor. I find the amount of notifications in android to be obnoxiously high and not easy to reign in, but that's an android issue and nothing to do with the phone. Besides the camera and battery life, the hardware on the Vigor was pretty good. Right size, screen looked good, and it felt good to hold.

Oh. That's good. The reason I wanna have Android cause I wanna try one. No one uses Android in our house though. Only WP and iOS. I'm not saying that I'm not happy with WP but I just wanna try something new. But I'm afraid that I'm gonna use the phone for years. Do you think it will survive (lol)?

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The G3 we are talking abt here is the G3 Beat, which is basically a G3 mini. Its got only 5" and 720p with Snapdragon 400 and 1gb ram and is priced close to 730 :).

Yea right. I'm still not sure with what I'm gonna buy though. I need a phone that's good for more than a year. Gonna use it until college.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett