Hello, I finally received my Nokia 800 today (unlocked). Works & looks pretty cool!

I noticed that there is no Nokia Music application on the phone - how do I get that?
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/gb-en/product...article=232994

Also, during the setup, I hadn't created the nokia account (didn't have my SIM at that time - and needed the MAC ID to set up the wifi acct) - how do I create the account now? The manual states "To create a Nokia account later, use your phone to access a Nokia service, and you are prompted to create an account." - the only Nokia service that I see is Nokia Drive and launching that doesn't prompt me to create any account... Help! Please
    01-16-2012 01:50 PM
    I can see it in the Marketplace, although it was pre-installed on mine (also no Nokia account entered).
    jj14x likes this.
    01-16-2012 04:33 PM
    That's so weird... can you please share the link to the application in the marketplace? (assuming you can find it in the web version of the marketplace)

When I search for nokia music in the marketplace (in zune, or in lumia or in web-version), I only find "Lumia music".
    01-16-2012 04:39 PM
    Of course: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=462d...e-9c3652e0463d

Edit: You'll need to follow that link on your phone.
    Last edited by RustyU; 01-17-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    jj14x likes this.
    01-17-2012 02:19 AM
    Of course: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=462d...e-9c3652e0463d

Edit: You'll need to follow that link on your phone.
    RustyU, thank you so much!
    This is very strange. When I click the link using my Lumia, it finds the app, but then tells me that "this app is not available for your device - tap here for more info" and when I tap on that message, it tells me
    "App not available
    This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region

I verified that my phone software is up to date - 1600.2479.7740.11451
    I verified that the region on my phone is set to US English, correct timezone...

I'm stumped! Any suggestions?
    Last edited by jj14x; 01-17-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    01-17-2012 07:15 AM
    The region on your phone might be US English, but are you physically there? If not, it might be that you're in a country where it's not supported.
    01-17-2012 07:42 AM
    Yes, I'm in Texas - using a T-mobile (US) SIM
    01-17-2012 07:51 AM
    Have you tried without the SIM maybe? Just in case it's not available for TMous users or something.
    01-17-2012 10:12 AM
    I initially tried it without a SIM (since I didn't have one) - didn't see the app. Then, I thought that maybe it would get added once I added the SIM - no luck :(

I just noticed that Nokia App highlights is missing too... The only Nokia app I have is Nokia drive.
    01-17-2012 10:21 AM
    I contacted Nokia - and their suggestion was to reset the device and register using a UK based live account - apparently, these apps are not available for US based accounts..
    01-17-2012 11:59 AM
    Anyone know if Nokia's suggestion worked by simply registering the phone using a UK based Live email account?
    03-03-2012 10:06 PM
    Anyone know if Nokia's suggestion worked by simply registering the phone using a UK based Live email account?
    I would imagine it would work, but everything would be pounds not dollars.

I've been waiting a year and half to get into the Nokia Music Store with my Nokia N8. There are DRM issues they haven't worked out with the U.S. If I select a country other than the U.S. I can get into the store. I just buy what music I want through Zune or Amazon. This is what I see with my Nokia Symbian phone: Download music on your computer and your mobile: Get your music, your way on Nokia
    03-03-2012 10:48 PM
    it didn't work for me... but since I had apphub, I just "unlocked" my lumia and installed the application without the marketplace.
    palandri and opacityzero like this.
    03-04-2012 08:46 AM
    it didn't work for me... but since I had apphub, I just "unlocked" my lumia and installed the application without the marketplace.
    Thanks for that update. Does everything show in pounds? How's the pricing compared to U.S. pricing?
    03-04-2012 08:59 AM
    Thanks guys. I am mainly interested in the free streaming and local caching of songs as Slacker Radio is a bit buggy in its current version.

I tried changing Region Format and System Locale to UK under Settings/Region+Language, but no luck seeing the app in the marketplace.
    03-04-2012 09:50 AM
    Thanks for that update. Does everything show in pounds? How's the pricing compared to U.S. pricing?
    Sorry, I don't really know - because I didn't see the app when I switched my live ID, I hard reset and moved back to my regular ID (then, unlocked the phone and installed the application without marketplace)
    03-04-2012 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD