Nokia music app?

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I finally received my Nokia 800 today (unlocked). Works & looks pretty cool!

I noticed that there is no Nokia Music application on the phone - how do I get that?
http://www.nokia.co.uk/gb-en/products/phone/lumia800/use/?action=overlay&article=232994

Also, during the setup, I hadn't created the nokia account (didn't have my SIM at that time - and needed the MAC ID to set up the wifi acct) - how do I create the account now? The manual states "To create a Nokia account later, use your phone to access a Nokia service, and you are prompted to create an account." - the only Nokia service that I see is Nokia Drive and launching that doesn't prompt me to create any account... Help! Please

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
That's so weird... can you please share the link to the application in the marketplace? (assuming you can find it in the web version of the marketplace)

When I search for nokia music in the marketplace (in zune, or in lumia or in web-version), I only find "Lumia music".

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Of course: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=462d69a0-faa3-4b1a-aace-9c3652e0463d

Edit: You'll need to follow that link on your phone.
RustyU, thank you so much!
This is very strange. When I click the link using my Lumia, it finds the app, but then tells me that "this app is not available for your device - tap here for more info" and when I tap on that message, it tells me
"App not available
This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region

I verified that my phone software is up to date - 1600.2479.7740.11451
I verified that the region on my phone is set to US English, correct timezone...

I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

Last edited:

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
The region on your phone might be US English, but are you physically there? If not, it might be that you're in a country where it's not supported.

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I initially tried it without a SIM (since I didn't have one) - didn't see the app. Then, I thought that maybe it would get added once I added the SIM - no luck :(

I just noticed that Nokia App highlights is missing too... The only Nokia app I have is Nokia drive.

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Nokia - and their suggestion was to reset the device and register using a UK based live account - apparently, these apps are not available for US based accounts..

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if Nokia's suggestion worked by simply registering the phone using a UK based Live email account?

I would imagine it would work, but everything would be pounds not dollars.

I've been waiting a year and half to get into the Nokia Music Store with my Nokia N8. There are DRM issues they haven't worked out with the U.S. If I select a country other than the U.S. I can get into the store. I just buy what music I want through Zune or Amazon. This is what I see with my Nokia Symbian phone: Download music on your computer and your mobile: Get your music, your way on Nokia

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
it didn't work for me... but since I had apphub, I just "unlocked" my lumia and installed the application without the marketplace.

Thanks for that update. Does everything show in pounds? How's the pricing compared to U.S. pricing?

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys. I am mainly interested in the free streaming and local caching of songs as Slacker Radio is a bit buggy in its current version.

I tried changing Region Format and System Locale to UK under Settings/Region+Language, but no luck seeing the app in the marketplace.

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that update. Does everything show in pounds? How's the pricing compared to U.S. pricing?

Sorry, I don't really know - because I didn't see the app when I switched my live ID, I hard reset and moved back to my regular ID (then, unlocked the phone and installed the application without marketplace)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes