Does Anyone Know...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If the Lumia 810 could take a 64GB microSD card? I know it says it supports up to 32GB, but I could swear I read somewhere that the 820 can take as much as 64GB.

Thanks!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks. It's not a deal breaker for me if it only supports 32GB. I'm leaning more and more toward getting this phone instead of an unlocked 920. It definitely has great features.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
What Mystictrust said is correct, but they said the same thing about the Nokia 808. My wife has the 808 and I've read in a few Pureview forums that people are using the 64GB cards without any problems.

So maybe when the phone comes out a few people will try it, and who knows, maybe it will work.

Just saying. :)

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile's web site is incorrectly reporting that the 810 can take up to 32GB. Most other sources (including Nokia's web site) state that it takes up to 64GB.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
No, sorry. The Lumia 810 is limited to 32 GB. It also doesn't have GLONASS capabilities (which I was looking forward to).

Full specs available here. These all appear up to date (including 64 GB on the 820):
Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 810
Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 820

I'm glad the 810 does have Gorilla Glass and a longer battery life though.

Mystictrust, everything I have gathered about GLONASS seems to me that it is unnecessary. I think handset makers are adding GLONASS support because I read once that the Russian government would ban any phone sales in Russia which do not have GLONASS support. I'm guessing since the Lumia 810 is exclusive to T-Mobile USA Nokia decided to exclude support for it (although it is just my speculation). GPS satellites are fine and I don't think lack of GLONASS will be missed. I'm curious...do you see it as a necessary feature?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Mystictrust, everything I have gathered about GLONASS seems to me that it is unnecessary. I think handset makers are adding GLONASS support because I read once that the Russian government would ban any phone sales in Russia which do not have GLONASS support. I'm guessing since the Lumia 810 is exclusive to T-Mobile USA Nokia decided to exclude support for it (although it is just my speculation). GPS satellites are fine and I don't think lack of GLONASS will be missed. I'm curious...do you see it as a necessary feature?
I wouldn't say necessary, but I've seen it touted as allowing instantaneous, split-second locating abilities. Used in addition to GPS, I think that GLONASS could really help with finding a satellite signal, particularly indoors in areas where GPS signal may be weak/poor.

I think, like the addition of finding location by Wifi/cell tower triangulation, it can only HELP in finding a position even quicker. I've had issues with both my current Android and the HD7 I played with for a weekend when it comes to finding GPS signal - it works most of the time, but sometimes it takes a little longer than I feel it should. GLONASS would be an excellent addition - but I can live without it.

As for the topic in this thread, that Nokia blog post definitely answers the question and confirms 64 GB - and that's awesome!! What sucks is that I purchased a 32 GB during that Amazon one-day sale a couple weeks back - I thought that was the max! Grrr. Oh well, we'll see how far it gets me. I doubt I'll be filling up 32 GB very fast, but I'm happy to know that 64 GB is supported!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes