Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Does anyone else have such a long delay for their phone to be at it's start screen when you turn it on? I can't believe how long it's taking and not sure what I can adjust to make it faster... I am teaching my mom how to use my old lumia 710 and it starts up soooo fast compared to my 810.
    Thanks!

Why would you ever shut down your phone, unless it's for updates/factory resets/changes in settings? I mean it won't happen that often.

Are you kiddding me? To save on battery power when I hike or something and cannot get a signal? Other times I don't want it on..... I'm sorry but your reply was not helpful.

I'm just trying to understand why you would want to turn off your phone. My phone almost never goes off, that's why I asked the question.

When you're gone a day, let's say hiking, and you know your phone lasts a day, I don't see a valid reason for turning off your phone. On the other hand, if you're days out without a charger, now that would be a good reason to turn it off. But then again, even if the bootup time is 1 minuten, that wouldn't be an issue, because you wouldn't turn it on that often

I'm just trying to get my question answered... frustrated and came on here for help... I don't want to argue how I handle my power on my phone. I'm wondering "Does anyone else have such a long delay for their phone to be at it's start screen when you turn it on? I can't believe how long it's taking and not sure what I can adjust to make it faster... I am teaching my mom how to use my old lumia 710 and it starts up soooo fast compared to my 810. Thanks!"

So no one else turns their phone off ever?

To answer your question, I am not aware of a way to make this faster. But I am far from the most experienced user. Keep in mind that this phone is a little more complex than the 710, so naturally, booting up will take longer.

I understand that your solution is to turn off the phone to save battery, but you can greatly prolong battery life by switching to airplane mode as well. This should shut down all wireless communications.

Thanks soo much for your helpful information jgbstestson.. I really appreciate it... :)

Mine takes more than a minute for sure. Let me time it actually and I'll give you the exact time.

Update: It actually does not take one minute to boot up. It takes 50 secs.

edit: I'm actually surprised by how people are flipping out about this question. It's a simple question. Answer it or GTFO. Simple as that.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Oh my god more than a minute. . . Curse this blessed earth!!

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've had no really issue with boot times. Post-portico it seems faster. I'd say sub minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    Oh my god more than a minute. . . Curse this blessed earth!!
    :P Just going from my 710 to 810 it is a big difference so I just wanted to see if maybe there was something wrong.. thanks all I feel better about it now. :)

Wonder if it has to do with apps installed or something? *shrug* I just timed from the moment my phone did the power on vibrate to the moment I saw my start screen and it took 44.589 seconds. I imagine boot up time can vary based on many factors (maybe even current charge level?) and it probably does take longer than WP7.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Mine last at least a minute also, hopefully a patch comes to fix it.
    Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

Global Posts
    6,902 Global Posts
    Mine is about 45 sec to a minute, post portico update. Still, the OP can benefit for using flight mode. The 810 really does well in flight mode in terms of conserving power. Also, keeping fewer apps that run in the background helps as well...

I'll try that that fligh/airplane mode tip... Thanks for the help guys... so do people generally keep their phones on 24/7 ?? I must be old school stuck in the past if so... I kinda felt like any electronic needed some off time or something to 'rest'... :)

Global Posts
    6,902 Global Posts
    I usually keep mine on 24/7, but flip mine into flight mode when I'm asleep late at night since the phone has good standby with flight mode on and I tend not to get crazy calls that late.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I tend to keep my phone on, but turn off the wifi and data connections. Battery meter claims 3 days of stand by. Not really willing to find out.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,304 Global Posts
    Just a helpful tip.

If you don't want the battery to drain looking for a singal then turn on Airplane mode. Cuts off cellular, wifi, bluetooth and NFC. At least you could quickly take a picture without fear that your battery will die.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    I had to turn my phone off twice recently because I was on a flight to and from Florida. My boyfriend observed that it took the phone a really long time to boot up, which is definitely annoying. :-/