Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Follow these steps to get your Lumia 810 to OS to 8.0.1327.77 and your fw to 3043.0000.1326.0017
    This update effectively performs a hard reset on your device so be sure to backup app lists, texts, pics and videos.

First, you can start the torrent d/l of the update files I've shared (and hopefully others are still sharing)
    attempt 2.torrent
    The file is compressed as a .rar to make it easier to share (521 MB vs 1300 MB)
    If you don't have winrar, 7-zip or something similar for extracting .rar files, google one and install.
    When the torrent is finished, double click on the rm-878.rar and extract it somewhere easy to find (like desktop)

Download and install the Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8
    http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/Nokia_Software_Updater_For_Retail_3.0.8.exe

If the Nokia Software is running, close it, then...

You have to click on Organize when you open my computer or are in C:/ Organize > Folder and Search Options > View (tab) > and make sure you have "Show hidden files, folder and drives" checked or circled. then press Apply > Ok and then "ProgramData" folder in your C: drive will show up.

Navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/
    Inside the Products folder is where you'll place the entire rm-878 folder so that it now looks like
    C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside

Restart the Nokia Software Updater, connect your Lumia 810.
    Click on Server Configuration, then click the Work Offline box near the bottom.

It should take you bake to the Home tab with the option now to update to 3043.0000.1326.0017
    Click Update and follow the onscreen steps.

If I wasn't clear on a particular step let me know and I'll edit as necessary. I know at least one user dave0538 was successful with my torrent files, so good luck!
    Last edited by bsipe9; 08-05-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    darthhen, JsLee14, L0KII and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Thanks for the guide. I know what it's like to have the upgrade itch! Super hard to wait on the OTA updates.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Go get it guys.. Installed it last night it.. Always nice to have updated..amber is included..but cant download smart cam.. :| no fm too..glance was nice and ofcourse storage check was the big deal! Was dreaming at the last moment that LTE got enabled hahaha 😉
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by froi francisco View Post
    Go get it guys.. Installed it last night it.. Always nice to have updated..amber is included..but cant download smart cam.. :| ��
    Smart Cam is not the same, too bad that proxy doesn't work that would have been a way to download it since your phone model isn't recognized.
    Last edited by PB_H; 08-05-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Thank you so much bsipe9 and everyone else that helped!!!! I just got it installed on my Lumia and so far its awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon Callow View Post
    Thank you so much bsipe9 and everyone else that helped!!!! I just got it installed on my Lumia and so far its awesome!!!
    Your very welcome. Glad I could help and glad it worked out for you.
    If everyone would continue to share the torrent at least for a day or two that would be helpful since we're not a huge population. I'll keep it active on my end for as long as I can.

I've been sick and feverish for the past couple days, and I'm 50% sure I'm dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by markdotinc View Post
    I've been sick and feverish for the past couple days, and I'm 50% sure I'm dreaming.
    WAKE UP! Take some tylenol then proceed to step one above. The cure to all that ails you is witnessing Amber on your Lumia 810!
    b23h likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for the guide man!! I am seeding the update file for you guys :)

is the torrent already gone? :(

Will be leaving mine up for seeding as well.

Can't get smartcam too, anyone have solution or reason for this suck :|
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greall55 View Post
    Can't get smartcam too, anyone have solution or reason for this suck :|
    because you don't have Lumia 928 or 925 etc
    Banned

Mine failed to update it wouldn't connect.

Tried 3 times and I'm not gonna risk "breaking" (the warning) the phone.
    Last edited by PB_H; 08-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Yea, I tried to work through it just now, but my phone isnt showing up on NSU; it just asks me to connect a device.

Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    because you don't have Lumia 928 or 925 etc
    haha, but at least I can update amber :))))
    (juz joking :D)

p.s but lumia 620 and 820 have smartcam too, i have no idea about 810, such a lame :(
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by markdotinc View Post
    Yea, I tried to work through it just now, but my phone isnt showing up on NSU; it just asks me to connect a device.
    I just connected to a different USB port on my laptop and the driver installed and phone connected that port I had been using has a bad connection I forgot about that.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ordeith View Post
    is the torrent already gone? :(
    I'm leaving in up for a few days and seeding.

I just connected to a different USB port on my laptop and the driver installed and phone connected that port I had been using has a bad connection I forgot about that.
    So did you get it installed PB_H?

FML, I've tried all the usb ports, no luck. I can open up the sync app and transfer stuff to my phone, but NSU is still asking me to connect a device. noooooooo....
    Developer

Uninstall, reinstall the program. Try to remove all the other support software it installed also.

I'm downloading the torrent now. I will seed it for as long as possible (my router has torrent in it, so it's no big deal to keep it going).

P.S.
    Why RAR when ZIP is supported in just about anything? Sure it may not compress as much... But...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    Uninstall, reinstall the program. Try to remove all the other support software it installed also.

I'm downloading the torrent now. I will seed it for as long as possible (my router has torrent in it, so it's no big deal to keep it going).

P.S.
    Why RAR when ZIP is supported in just about anything? Sure it may not compress as much... But...
    But..what ?
    don't look gift horse in the mouth without the rar file you wouldn't have it -instead of 8itching you should thank besipe9 & daveo538
    Thanked by:
    Tony_Offends_U likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bsipe9 View Post
    So did you get it installed PB_H?
    yes about to give up and tried another USB and the driver connected. Lots of apps have not downloaded tho' keep having to tap and nothing but Error Code 8000ffff
    Probably have to do it manually.
    Developer

But..what ?
    don't look gift horse in the mouth without the rar file you wouldn't have it -instead of 8itching you should thank besipe9 & daveo538
    Settle down Tex, don't get your parties in a bunch, just making a comment.

Thanks a lot bro, just updated, and now syncing my accounts, everything looks awesome!

It seems the "Nokia message" sound for SMS/IM is a bit different, is not as loud as before
    Last edited by abominator; 08-06-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast