Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I've been looking all over the net for the interchangeable back plates for the 820/822 (you know - the different colors, the ruggedized, the wireless charging one.

Are they not for sale yet? Just been looking out of curiosity, but I can't find them for sale anywhere.

-mcskipp

Global Posts
    1,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    I've been looking all over the net for the interchangeable back plates for the 820/822 (you know - the different colors, the ruggedized, the wireless charging one.

Are they not for sale yet? Just been looking out of curiosity, but I can't find them for sale anywhere.

-mcskipp
    You mean shells?

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlegend2012 View Post
    You mean shells?
    Sure, I guess? I don't know what they are officially called. But, it was marketed as a pretty nice perk.

-mcskipp

due for release at the end of the month if I mind right. 28th I think.

Quote Originally Posted by craigy18181 View Post
    due for release at the end of the month if I mind right. 28th I think.
    Where did you get this info from? I've been looking everywhere and tweeted @nokia_uk earlier.

Mobilefun.co.uk

They seem to have them!

Opps sorry says "not released yet"
    If memory serves me correctly, I saw a few for pre-sale on Expansys.com.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    you would think that if it didnt come with a wireless charging plate from the beginning verizon would have them listed already!
    Mike3of3 likes this.

So am I right in thinking that it will cost about $75-$100 to upgrade the 822 to wireless charging? The compatible back plate/battery cover should cost somewhere between $25-$50 and the Wireless charger is going for $50 on Verizon's site.

That's a bit heavy handed on the pricing in my opinion.

I'm not sure coughing up and another hundy for wireless charging is really worth it.

What does everyone else think?
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
    As for the 822 variant: I'm still waiting for more info from my Nokia contact. They were looking into this issue on Tuesday and I haven't heard from them since.

Nokia has this product page on their website, though: Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 820 - Nokia - USA. I swear that just the other day there was more info on locations being sold, but it was linked to the Nokia Denmark website.

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post
    So am I right in thinking that it will cost about $75-$100 to upgrade the 822 to wireless charging? The compatible back plate/battery cover should cost somewhere between $25-$50 and the Wireless charger is going for $50 on Verizon's site.

I'm not sure coughing up and another hundy for wireless charging is really worth it.

I agree, not worth it. It's not hard to plug a phone in. The wireless charging was just kind of a cool thing to show off but I really don't care if I have it.

Shells most likely next month..

Still would buy one even if I did not have a wireless charger.

But Wireless chargers are expensive. But way cool tech to have. Perhaps after the new year the price's will drop on the plate or pillow.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by sarah3585 View Post
    Where did you get this info from? I've been looking everywhere and tweeted @nokia_uk earlier.
    Amazon uk

Nokia CC-3041 Lumia 820 Wireless Charging Shell Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    it comes with a wireless charging back from verizon, my brother just bought his, it is there...so all you need is a wireless charger (35 bucks?)

Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post

See my statement below.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    it comes with a wireless charging back from verizon, my brother just bought his, it is there...so all you need is a wireless charger (35 bucks?)

Madisonjar, you are correct. I just went to my local Verizon store on my break and checked out the 822 (BTW looks way better in person than the pics we've all seen online and more slim too). I talked to the rep about the wireless charging feature and he didn't know either. So, we took the battery door/back plate off of the floor model and behold, there were contact pins attached to the back plate coming from where a large, slightly raised black square area of it. So actually all you need to make the wireless charging work is the wireless charging plate!
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!

Thanks! Look forward to the 28th!

The blue one looks very pale, not cyan

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    AT&T is already selling the wireless charging shells for the 820.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    AT&T is already selling the wireless charging shells for the 820.
    Thanks for the Tip, and looked sure enough AT&T has them now.
    Web Order Only 7 day wait. Here is link if anyone is interested..

Nokia Yellow Wireless Charging Shell - Nokia Lumia 820 accessories from AT&T
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this mentioned in discussions about the cases so I will mention it here. Today I was in a Nokia corporate store today just nosing around, I had no intention of buying ANYTHING! Yeah right! They had the Nokia charging plates, Nokia charging backs, and this Fat Pillow thing(think charging plate inside a pillow). I bought a yellow back for my 820 and noticed two things: it was matte finish AND(more importantly) the area where the camera is(bezel/lens) was raised and not flush like the non-charging back. This, to me, was a seller as it reducing scratch damage and impact damage to both the bezel and lens. I would say this area is raised 1mm or so.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

I cant find anything at all about the Rugged back plates for the lumia 820 really would like the orange one anyone found any even if theyre preorders
    Nokia Lumia 820 Specs, Features, In the Flesh Photos, Windows Phone 8! | Web Henyo

Found this. I saw this a few months back. I remember wireless shells, rugged shells and cosmetic ones.

Thanks

-Doc

And this...

Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 now official. PureView, PureMotion HD+, Windows Phone 8, many colors Unwired View

And finally these...

Last edited by Dr. Impossible; 11-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Actual location: Inside the system itself.

Vaporwaremagpolydilithium- What Surface is actually made of.

Anyone from the UK found anywhere that sells these yet?
    Amazon had their release for 28/11 but has changed to shipping from 1-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah3585 View Post
    Anyone from the UK found anywhere that sells these yet?
    Amazon had their release for 28/11 but has changed to shipping from 1-3 months.
    No not yet. MobileUk now saying they expect stock in the next 3-5 days but who knows :(

Still waiting from mine from Mobile fun. Showing as "available for pre-order"
    Last edited by wake6; 12-05-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling

They simply are not available yet. I complained to the relevant people to Nokia in USA. They are shipping to AT&T distribution centers as we speak, and will be in in AT&T stores end of this week and definitely by late next week.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast