- 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM #1
So my question to the L822 owners is, first does it have a sim card slot? If so has anyone tried to see if it is an unlocked sim card slot? I ask because my dad is looking to get a new phone and he has a unlimited Data non smartphone that he pays only $9.99 a month for, and if he buys a L820 like he wants he would have to buy a world one for ATT not to notice it when his sim card goes in. If he buys a L820 off contract through them they will try to change his plan. (we have been through this before) World versions of the L820 are more than off contract L822 through Verizon so our thought is, if it is unlocked like the HTC 8x he might buy one through them for ATT. (He does not care about being able to use it on 4g or LTE. As long as it works on 3G that is enough for him.
Thanks in advance!
- 12-06-2012, 01:41 PM #2
Although I don't yet own one, I can say that it indeed as a sim card slot, as it is a 4GLTE phone, and all 4GLTE phones on Verizon require them, Also, according to Engadget," Along with support for Verizon's domestic EV-DO and LTE networks, travelers will appreciate that the device is unlocked for global use. Here, you'll find quad-band support for GSM and WCDMA networks" As to whether, they are " unlocked" to fully function with AT&T, we'll have to see if anyone has got an AT&T simcard to pop in and try.
- 12-17-2012, 05:46 AM #3
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM #4
- 35 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- By drosmisc in forum HTC 8XReplies: 12Last Post: 11-26-2012, 05:15 PM
- By bauerbach in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
- By jingw in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
- By greg.hoch in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2012, 08:33 AM
- By Bballbenb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 25Last Post: 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM