Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Case or Case free?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Case - I tend to have the dropsies...

12 21.43%
  • No Case - This phone is beautiful Naked... and needs to be seen.

44 78.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Will you put a case around your 900? Being pretty much scratch resistant except the glass, this is the first smartphone that I might go case free....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,382 Global Posts
    Although I don't like the bulk that an otterbox case adds, the benefit of the extra protection wins out.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I'm actually thinking of this a lot. For example I have an Optimus 7, a beautiful device but my case is old and bulky an ugly but it has saved my phone countless times.

Now I'm thinking of getting the 900 and have my phone naked since I won't be using it after I get it but it just feel so fragile. And I don't really have phone insurance.

I believe the 900 has Gorilla Glass if im not mistaken. I was reading up on the 900 and found that out, which makes a pretty strong case for going nude. With the 900 I think I will go nude, just like I have with my Radar. It is far too pretty to hide! :D

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

I'd have to show it off.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Josh View Post
    I believe the 900 has Gorilla Glass if im not mistaken. I was reading up on the 900 and found that out, which makes a pretty strong case for going nude. With the 900 I think I will go nude, just like I have with my Radar. It is far too pretty to hide! :D

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express
    Just be careful. Here is what happened to an 800 with a 3ft fall. It's not pretty: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-800/187092.htm
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Does anyone know if it's going to come with a case like the other Nokia phones do?

I know im probably not going to use a case on it, if i did it'd be the one it came with.

The 800 came with a skin which I used initially it was a pretty good fit and not obvious but the phone looks a ton better without it. The 900 has very similar looks to the 800 so I would think Naked was the best option for that phone too.

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    What about clear skins like Invisible Shield?
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I'd go naked. The phone too.

Clear skins remind me of condoms. No one wants to use it, but is necessary at times.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    I'd go naked. The phone too....

Are you staying at one of those naturist resorts out there in Vegas? :D
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Just be careful. Here is what happened to an 800 with a 3ft fall. It's not pretty: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-800/187092.htm
    That's horrible. Gorilla Glass doesn't help at all.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Gorilla glass is supposed to be more scratch resistant than regular glass, but it doesn't help much with shattering. That said, I noticed a hairline scratch on my 800 the other day. No clue how it got there as I haven't dropped it and I'm very careful with it. Luckily the scratch can only be seen with a very particular lighting and angle.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    I will be going naked. The design of this phone deserves nothing less.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Would you buy a phone that was bulky and looked like an otterbox? No? So why put that hiddeous box around your pretty phone. Those things take all the sleekness away from the phone. We buy phones for functionality, reliabilty, and LOOKS. Now, if I had a phone that was covered with glass on both sides (apple) or a flimsy back cover (SGII/Focus) then maybe I'd get some slim case but never an otterbox buhemuth
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gusto View Post
    Would you buy a phone that was bulky and looked like an otterbox? No? So why put that hiddeous box around your pretty phone. Those things take all the sleekness away from the phone. We buy phones for functionality, reliabilty, and LOOKS. Now, if I had a phone that was covered with glass on both sides (apple) or a flimsy back cover (SGII/Focus) then maybe I'd get some slim case but never an otterbox buhemuth
    What's most important to me is the functionality of the phone, not the looks. But that is just me. I realized others, like yourself, put an emphasis on the looks, and that's all good.
    Otterbox @ work, naked everywhere else. I'm a welder, so some protection is essential.

One more thing: [img.]http://forums.windowscentral.com/attachments/lumia-800/20290d1328984409-20120211_131759.jpg[img.]

Crap. I can't get this thing to work... Just copy the link into your browser.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    End your last tag like this [/img]

should work then.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I found the invisible shield(very close to naked) is a nice compromise although I use my case mate from time to time just in case.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Naked! I like invisible shields, but i would never put it on the screen.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  21. lumic
    Gelaskin with Omnia 7. If my next device is a Nokia, no case or skin.
    Definitively case! :)
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    using a horizontal/vertical swiveling case for my focus I fell pretty sure that the 900 will fit in it as well. room to spare right now Mostyly in a pockt but not pants jacket or shirt pocket!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    At least the 900 comes with a skin cover. I'll keep using that one until it gets ugly or a cute one comes out. I'll probably be switching it a lot :D. ( assuming the phone gets popular enough to get a lot of cover support )

No case. Just don't like them. My Lumia 800 came with a case that is a very tight fit. I almost considered using it since it fits so well, but I took it off after 5 mins. The phone feels so good in your hand, it's hard to take that away with a case for me. You'll see what I am talking about when you get the 900.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast