Naked or Dressed?

Case or Case free?

• Case - I tend to have the dropsies...

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • No Case - This phone is beautiful Naked... and needs to be seen.

Votes: 44 78.6%

• Total voters

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Will you put a case around your 900? Being pretty much scratch resistant except the glass, this is the first smartphone that I might go case free....

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of this a lot. For example I have an Optimus 7, a beautiful device but my case is old and bulky an ugly but it has saved my phone countless times.

Now I'm thinking of getting the 900 and have my phone naked since I won't be using it after I get it but it just feel so fragile. And I don't really have phone insurance.

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe the 900 has Gorilla Glass if im not mistaken. I was reading up on the 900 and found that out, which makes a pretty strong case for going nude. With the 900 I think I will go nude, just like I have with my Radar. It is far too pretty to hide! :D

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I believe the 900 has Gorilla Glass if im not mistaken. I was reading up on the 900 and found that out, which makes a pretty strong case for going nude. With the 900 I think I will go nude, just like I have with my Radar. It is far too pretty to hide! :D

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Just be careful. Here is what happened to an 800 with a 3ft fall. It's not pretty: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-800/187092.htm

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's going to come with a case like the other Nokia phones do?

I know im probably not going to use a case on it, if i did it'd be the one it came with.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The 800 came with a skin which I used initially it was a pretty good fit and not obvious but the phone looks a ton better without it. The 900 has very similar looks to the 800 so I would think Naked was the best option for that phone too.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass is supposed to be more scratch resistant than regular glass, but it doesn't help much with shattering. That said, I noticed a hairline scratch on my 800 the other day. No clue how it got there as I haven't dropped it and I'm very careful with it. Luckily the scratch can only be seen with a very particular lighting and angle.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Would you buy a phone that was bulky and looked like an otterbox? No? So why put that hiddeous box around your pretty phone. Those things take all the sleekness away from the phone. We buy phones for functionality, reliabilty, and LOOKS. Now, if I had a phone that was covered with glass on both sides (apple) or a flimsy back cover (SGII/Focus) then maybe I'd get some slim case but never an otterbox buhemuth

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Would you buy a phone that was bulky and looked like an otterbox? No? So why put that hiddeous box around your pretty phone. Those things take all the sleekness away from the phone. We buy phones for functionality, reliabilty, and LOOKS. Now, if I had a phone that was covered with glass on both sides (apple) or a flimsy back cover (SGII/Focus) then maybe I'd get some slim case but never an otterbox buhemuth

What's most important to me is the functionality of the phone, not the looks. But that is just me. I realized others, like yourself, put an emphasis on the looks, and that's all good. :cool:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox @ work, naked everywhere else. I'm a welder, so some protection is essential.

One more thing: [img.]http://forums.windowscentral.com/attachments/lumia-800/20290d1328984409-20120211_131759.jpg[img.]

Crap. I can't get this thing to work... Just copy the link into your browser.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I found the invisible shield(very close to naked) is a nice compromise although I use my case mate from time to time just in case.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills