From Verge "Confirming" April 8th Date-Says take it to the Bank!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Somebody on forums at theverge.com. Probably should of stopped at the 900 being released on the 8th, would of made this more believable.

Here is the link

You can take it to the bank Lumia 900 out April 8th | The Verge Forums

Text Below.

"Last night i was given the good news Nokia Lumia 900 will be released on April the 8th. I walked in to ask about the Lumia since there have been many comments on this site about att and the Lumia as of late. I spoke to the manager (it was towards closing time) regarding windows phone first in general to see if he was biased about them, he just smirked at me and showed me his phone, it was the Lumia 900 (black) and nearly fell off my feet. he was "testing" using the phone to give any final feedback to Nokia/Microsoft...he said "all i use is windows phones", naturally i was glad and continued to look at the phone and man this thing is FLUID!

He told to that they have them in the back they are just waiting for the final blessing from ATT to release it. So i asked him when do you think that day will be? He said hold on let me make a call. Called his brother whom he told me sells more windows phone than any other rep in the North West and was also testing a Nokia Lumia 900 (white one according to him). I waited a few minutes for his reply and walla April the 8th came up.

Whats weird is that he told me his brother was going to receive a "New" Nokia next week for testing....He stated that this windows phone had a ~41mega pixel camera on it. I told him that there is no way since the highest i have ever heard was the HTC Tintant II. He said no this thing is from the Nokia 808 phone they put it on a windows phone and its suppose to be crazy nice.

What was really shocking is when he told me that Nokia intends to have all Lumias above 800 to be upgradable to WP8. and that they are working with Microsoft to implement by the end of the year the ability to play a game on xbox and continue it on your Lumia device before anyone else. Man if even half of this is true its a BIG win for Microsoft/Nokia and eventually "Us".

So Lumia 900 on April the 8th (not new news i know) and the white Lumia a few weeks later will be released. the 41mega pixel camera phone about a couple of months....what a summer prior to WP8....operation rolling thunder will be rolled out for sure...

I implore some of you to hit your ATT store and find out anything you can on the Lumia 900 he said that there were many people asking about this device."

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
As much as I would love to believe this, I find it hard to believe that 1 out of a bunch of AT&T stores that people here have talked to had all the inside information about this phone, not to mention the future prototype windows phone?

I find it hard to believe that Nokia would trust a lowly AT&T employee with a future prototype.

I really hope the release date is the 8th, but I question the legitimacy of this story.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...

Somebody on forums at theverge.com. Probably should of stopped at the 900 being released on the 8th, would of made this more believable.

Here is the link

You can take it to the bank Lumia 900 out April 8th | The Verge Forums

Text Below.

"Last night i was given the good news Nokia Lumia 900 will be released on April the 8th. I walked in to ask about the Lumia since there have been many comments on this site about att and the Lumia as of late. I spoke to the manager (it was towards closing time) regarding windows phone first in general to see if he was biased about them, he just smirked at me and showed me his phone, it was the Lumia 900 (black) and nearly fell off my feet. he was "testing" using the phone to give any final feedback to Nokia/Microsoft...he said "all i use is windows phones", naturally i was glad and continued to look at the phone and man this thing is FLUID!

He told to that they have them in the back they are just waiting for the final blessing from ATT to release it. So i asked him when do you think that day will be? He said hold on let me make a call. Called his brother whom he told me sells more windows phone than any other rep in the North West and was also testing a Nokia Lumia 900 (white one according to him). I waited a few minutes for his reply and walla April the 8th came up.

Whats weird is that he told me his brother was going to receive a "New" Nokia next week for testing....He stated that this windows phone had a ~41mega pixel camera on it. I told him that there is no way since the highest i have ever heard was the HTC Tintant II. He said no this thing is from the Nokia 808 phone they put it on a windows phone and its suppose to be crazy nice.

What was really shocking is when he told me that Nokia intends to have all Lumias above 800 to be upgradable to WP8. and that they are working with Microsoft to implement by the end of the year the ability to play a game on xbox and continue it on your Lumia device before anyone else. Man if even half of this is true its a BIG win for Microsoft/Nokia and eventually "Us".

So Lumia 900 on April the 8th (not new news i know) and the white Lumia a few weeks later will be released. the 41mega pixel camera phone about a couple of months....what a summer prior to WP8....operation rolling thunder will be rolled out for sure...

I implore some of you to hit your ATT store and find out anything you can on the Lumia 900 he said that there were many people asking about this device."

As much as I would like to believe this whole story, I'm going to have to call shennanigans on this one. I am not saying that the date of the 8th is incorrect, but just the whole story seems "off". Hopefully I am wrong!

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope the 8 is the date otherwise I'm going to be in trouble. I just ordered a couple of Samsung focus s just to port my numbers out of VZW...... And I only have 30 days to exchange them, so the 22nd will not work for me..

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
is it possible to see it on the first of april even? i wouldnt see why not.

It certainly is possible, but we have not heard that date thrown around nearly as much as the 8th. And the 22nd. ...And the 18th of March. So, um, well, aaah... I have no idea.

Actually, the 8th seems the most plausible at this point. I know that the AT&T reps in my area are having a Windows Phone training on the 2nd of April, so that makes me think the 8th.

But who the f*** knows?! I almost don't even care anymore!! I just want my flippin' 900!!! Arrggh!!!!

...ahem... sorry...

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It certainly is possible, but we have not heard that date thrown around nearly as much as the 8th. And the 22nd. ...And the 18th of March. So, um, well, aaah... I have no idea.

Actually, the 8th seems the most plausible at this point. I know that the AT&T reps in my area are having a Windows Phone training on the 2nd of April, so that makes me think the 8th.

But who the f*** knows?! I almost don't even care anymore!! I just want my flippin' 900!!! Arrggh!!!!

...ahem... sorry...

Lol, yes I feel your pain as well, the wait has been irritating but I am starting to get used to it. I feel like every time there is a phone I REALLY want or am looking forward to something always happen.

When the iPhone 4 first came out I was so excited for the white one...and we all know how that turned out..:dry

The more I think about it the more the 8th makes sense as the release date. Im just trying to be optimistic with that April 1st date.

If the AT&T employees are getting training on the 2nd then the 8th seems the most logical, also I was on twitter earlier and saw that Nokia just wrapped up shooting a commercial with a pretty well known ESPN analyst John Kruk. (Not sure if there is a rule here on linking to other threads so I will just play it safe, but if you want you can just go back the main forum for the 900 and i have a thread about the tweet). Since they just finished shooting the commercial I am sure that Nokia will need a few weeks to wrap up editing and stuff so once again that 8th seems like the most sense.

***EDIT: Just saw that Daniel Rubino posted a story about the commercial after I made a thread about it. Didn't see it until after I originally posted this. =)

Last edited:

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope the 8 is the date otherwise I'm going to be in trouble. I just ordered a couple of Samsung focus s just to port my numbers out of VZW...... And I only have 30 days to exchange them, so the 22nd will not work for me..
Oh man, I did that because my DVP was DYING and only allowed for the 'march 18' release. Well that gamble failed. I returned the focus S, bought the Titan from craigslist, and am patiently waiting........ for anything. ANYTHING else to come out on ATT.

however, I'm pretty happy with the Titan. But the focus S was definitely not worth 200 AND my upgrade.

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I called my local AT&T store to ask about it. The sales rep said they always launch on Sunday and there is no launch scheduled for this Sunday (3/25). She kept saying it's very soon, 2 weeks or so. I kind of hope they wait until the 8th (even though I want it sooner). I can hear the jokes now if they launch on April Fools day - "you're a fool to buy WP". :confused:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey my gf's birthday is on April Fools Day, am I a fool to be with her? I hope it's the 8th too though. March 18 would have been nice, I definitely don't see it coming out this month or on the 1st. I just hope RBG is wrong again and it doesn't come out on April 22nd.
Frankly, I just want a confirmation of a release date even if it is the 22nd, as long as I'm not left in the dark thinking about all the other great phones I could have already bought.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Is Easter Sunday Significant?

I called my local AT&T store to ask about it. The sales rep said they always launch on Sunday and there is no launch scheduled for this Sunday (3/25). She kept saying it's very soon, 2 weeks or so. I kind of hope they wait until the 8th (even though I want it sooner). I can hear the jokes now if they launch on April Fools day - "you're a fool to buy WP". :confused:

Another way to look at it, although I would never compare a communications device to Jesus Christ, it that if the Lumia 900 is released on the 8th, it could be said that it is signifying Nokia's marketshare in North America rising from the grave. If they actually publicly said this though, it would piss quite a few people off, myself included. I am a huge Windows Phone fan, but that would be pushing it too far.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm wondering in regards to promoting the 900. Any AT&T associates out there feel free to chime in ;). There's been rumors that Microsoft will offer a $25 app card with the phone. I know Microsoft has done this before but not sure with the release of a new device. But does anyone know/think the card will also be available on the 8th? Like, others, I'm counting down the days to the 8th but it would add insult to injury if the card isn't available at launch time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital