Windows Live ID issue

akidd83

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys I have a question and I hope someone can help me here!

I have had a ton of windows phones in the past few months (Samsung focus, 2 focus flashes and focus s) but I have been really excited about the new lumia 900. I sold all my old phones on ebay. I purchased a white one Sunday 4/22 the first day the store was allowed to sell them. The first one I received I was having problems with data and random resets so I took it back to the store and got a new 1. When I tried downloading apps after i got the new 1 yesterday I got the message that my windows live id was associated to 5 devices already. So I logged on the the windows phone marketplace, deactivated all previous devices, and restarted my phone a few times but I keep getting the same error. What to do?

:confused:

thanks in advance for any help

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can only remove one former device per month.
The only way to solve this is to contact customer care, live chat is probably the quickest. They'll put in a request to have all your former devices removed and in about 12 hours you'll be good to go.

Click chat here

akidd83

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
o I forgot to mention I have a mac so I am using the windows 7 phone software for mac and it doesnt have those options. Thank you soxoh4 i was looking all over for a way to get in contact with microsoft to deal with this issue. i'm 11th in the queue now

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
o I forgot to mention I have a mac so I am using the windows 7 phone software for mac and it doesnt have those options. Thank you soxoh4 i was looking all over for a way to get in contact with microsoft to deal with this issue. i'm 11th in the queue now

You can also do it from the windowsphone.com webpage. Just log in and you can delete devices. let us know how it went

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes