No Purple Hue Fix for Canadians (July 25th, 2012) Nokia doesn't care about Canadians

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm a Canadian Nokia Lumia 900 user. My phone suffers from every single bug out there related to the Nokia 900. I got this phone from Rogers, unlocked it and am now using it with Fido.

Does anyone know if the new software update is available for Canadians? Or just AT&T U.S. Customers?

This is really disappointing. When I plug in my phone, the Zune software does not detect any new software update. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!! Thank you! :)

Edit: July 25th, 2012. Still no fix. Nokia treats its Canadian customers badly.

Update: Just called Nokia.

They informed me that they do not have a release date for the new firmware set for Canadians and it's only for American AT&T customers. I was also informed that if I don't like the purple hue, I should change my brightness settings. When I complained that the phone is not working as advertised and the service provider will not take back the phone (due to my unlocking it so it will work with another GSM provider) she said that Nokia itself will NOT give me a refund for the phone. I've had this phone for almost two months and it's been one of the worst experiences of my life. The volume buttons don't work when the phone is in stand by. The headphone control doesn't work properly. The purple hue problem is still present. The battery dies so fast. The phone does not allow me to use its internet sharing feature.

I have a cousin that works at Microsoft and is pretty high up in the company. I think if the firmware update isn't available soon, I'll ask her what I should do and let her know about all this trouble Nokia is giving its customers. I bought this crap for 600 dollars. I can't believe I got rid of my iPhone 4 for this.

I've reached out to Nokia through twitter as well and they refuse to help me. Can someone please provide me with an email address that can help me? ****, at this point I'l ltry to get in contact with the CEO if it will help. Nokia stole 600 dollars from me.

Update #2: I posted this on the Nokia forums, hoping someone from Nokia would help us. They ended up deleting the thread.

Last edited:

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Rogers. Got updated a few weeks ago. Purple hue is gone. Didn't do anything special...just plugged the phone in to Zune to update my music and there was an OS update.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Rogers. Got updated a few weeks ago. Purple hue is gone. Didn't do anything special...just plugged the phone in to Zune to update my music and there was an OS update.

Only the firmware update will fix the purple issue. The OS cannot do that.

What are your OS and firmware versions?

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just called Nokia.

They informed me that they do not have a release date for the new firmware set for Canadians and it's only for American AT&T customers. I was also informed that if I don't like the purple hue, I should change my brightness settings. When I complained that the phone is not working as advertised and the service provider will not take back the phone (due to my unlocking it so it will work with another GSM provider) she said that Nokia itself will NOT give me a refund for the phone. I've had this phone for almost two months and it's been one of the worst experiences of my life. The volume buttons don't work when the phone is in stand by. The headphone control doesn't work properly. The purple hue problem is still present. The battery dies so fast. The phone does not allow me to use its internet sharing feature.

I have a cousin that works at Microsoft and is pretty high up in the company. I think if the firmware update isn't available soon, I'll ask her what I should do and let her know about all this trouble Nokia is giving its customers. I bought this crap for 600 dollars. I can't believe I got rid of my iPhone 4 for this.

I've reached out to Nokia through twitter as well and they refuse to help me. Can someone please provide me with an email address that can help me? ****, at this point I'l ltry to get in contact with the CEO if it will help. Nokia stole 600 dollars from me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well the ATT update has not made it out unless you use the XDA cab method. You might go to their site if you want to get it right away and cant wait without complaining. For myself I am waiting for the official ATT update unless I happen to get lucky with occasional force update process.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well the ATT update has not made it out unless you use the XDA cab method. You might go to their site if you want to get it right away and cant wait without complaining. For myself I am waiting for the official ATT update unless I happen to get lucky with occasional force update process.

False. You are talking about the OS update to Tango. The purple hue fix is done through a firmware update which AT&T got (12085).

I emailed Nokia's CEO about the purple hue and he said the firmware is not in Rogers labs and should be out in the coming weeks. End of July?

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Actually on NaviFirmPlus there is an Update for the Rogers Lumia 900 and it's a different version that is compared to what you guys have now.

Version number... 2175.2301.8779.12222

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement device from Nokia today and i am on Rogers. I am testing and so far its good .. below is the version info

OS Version: 7.10.8779.8
Firmware Vesrion: 2175.2301.8779.12222
Hardware Revision Number: 112.1914.2.0
Radio Software Version: 2.1.75.22
Radio Hardware version: 8055
Bootloader version: 7.17.2.0

Purple issue is fixed

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement device from Nokia today and i am on Rogers. I am testing and so far its good .. below is the version info

OS Version: 7.10.8779.8
Firmware Vesrion: 2175.2301.8779.12222
Hardware Revision Number: 112.1914.2.0
Radio Software Version: 2.1.75.22
Radio Hardware version: 8055
Bootloader version: 7.17.2.0

Purple issue is fixed

Did they give you an unlocked phone? Or a locked one? Were you able to request a different colour? Also, how long did it take for you to get the phone?

malik2k1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Like you, I've been constantly complaining to Rogers and Nokia Canada with regards to my Lumia 900. I've had it since launch and the phone has has every single bug outlined on the forums. From the purple hue to the rattling vibrator, my phone has been a pain from day 1.

Recently, I decided to fight Rogers and Nokia to get myself a new phone. I've posted about it in the Rogers Community Forums with my story and possible action we can take in order to be heard.

Now i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link on this but here is a link to the community forums. I'm hoping enough of us band together to be noticed. I'm sick and tired of waiting for Rogers and Nokia Canada to do the right thing by either replacing our phones with new units or sending out the update ASAP. It's clear the update is already available as newer phones are being sold with the latest firmware pre installed.

Nonetheless, here is the link:

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900 - Page 10 - Rogers Community

Thanks!

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Did they give you an unlocked phone? Or a locked one? Were you able to request a different colour? Also, how long did it take for you to get the phone?

Its still a rogers lumia 900 locked .. took about 3days and u dont send the other phone until ur comfortable with the new phone.. they told me same color .. i wish i could have lied .. give a try ..

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Like you, I've been constantly complaining to Rogers and Nokia Canada with regards to my Lumia 900. I've had it since launch and the phone has has every single bug outlined on the forums. From the purple hue to the rattling vibrator, my phone has been a pain from day 1.

Recently, I decided to fight Rogers and Nokia to get myself a new phone. I've posted about it in the Rogers Community Forums with my story and possible action we can take in order to be heard.

Now i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link on this but here is a link to the community forums. I'm hoping enough of us band together to be noticed. I'm sick and tired of waiting for Rogers and Nokia Canada to do the right thing by either replacing our phones with new units or sending out the update ASAP. It's clear the update is already available as newer phones are being sold with the latest firmware pre installed.

Nonetheless, here is the link:

Re: New firmware for Lumia 900 - Page 10 - Rogers Community

Thanks!

Thank you. I've begun tweeting to them.

slayerx

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I flashed mine using the Nokia tools and the directions on the XDA lumia 900 forums. It was pretty easy, took longer to download than to actually flash the phone. I have 8779 now, with no purple keys, and other software that now works. Rogers doesn't appear to want to deal with any of this. I have had them reply to my tweets blaming Nokia, yet Nokia has had the firmware available. (You can freely download it using the Nokia Datapackage Manager (and flash the phone wth Nokia Care Suite 5.x)). I had them blame Microsoft, which clearly its not and I am still waiting for Nokia to get the Go-Ahead from Rogers to release the Network Setup App here in Canada.
If you follow the XDA instructions, just download the firmware from Nokia, not the rogers oem flash from the site.

malik2k1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information on the manual update. Does the new firmware get rid of the rattling vibrating? I'm more than certain this issue is hardware related but I could be wrong. I'll give the updates ago using the XDA forums which will hopefully resolve my issues for now.

Still going to continue the war with Nokia Canada and Rogers. Both are to blame for the way the Lumia has been misrepresented and handled in Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon