What do you like best about your Lumia 900?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Question for the people with cyan, does it get dirty easily? Is it easy to clean if needed?

Not really, haven't noticed any dirt - I usually wipe my whole phone off with those lens cleaner wipes that are made for eyeglasses. Keeps the screen clean and takes all debris off without scratching.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I love great my screen looks (when it's clean). I keep it on bright all the time. I also love how Nokia has supported this phone as well as the Nokia apps.

While my 900 is black I recently got a cyan jellcase and a lot more people are noticing it since I've added it.

The screen is absolutely amazing. Relatively low res but otherwise it's great.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It is the first phone I've been able to use outdoors in bright sunlight while wearing sunglasses.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Nokia.
So do I. I used Symbian Nokia devices 4+ years ago, and they were solid.

I really didn't consider any other Windows phone hardware manufacturer beside Nokia when I decided to switch from BlackBerry to Windows Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TeamCharles

May 29, 2012
Visit site
For things unique to the 900, I like the fact the color of the phone is molded in. I do what I can to keep my phone in good condition, but about a month ago I had the phone fall a couple feet (2-3ft) while in my garage. The corner it landed on rounded ever so slightly, but because of the mold in color (cyan), you have to look really hard for the damage.

Taking into account WP7 OS, I love how street addresses on websites are recognized as being street addresses. When you click on the address, it automatically launches Maps with the address loaded in as the destination. My girlfriend has a iPhone 3GS and though she started before me, I managed to find the address of our destination and have directions, before she was even done typing the address into her gps. :lol:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The design and the cyan pulled me in. The rest is due to the OS. Being able to flow from one section to the other without a hitch and easily to be social connected completes it for me.

webbahboy

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I realize that this a forum and the nature of a forum is to attract people who are having issues and complaints, so i know by nature there isn't a lot of positive posts or at least the ratio favors the negative. I just recently purchased a White Lumia 900, and had a charging issue out of the gate, but was remedied by information I found on these forums, so i'm not complaining about the tech support angle of the forums.

What I am asking, now that my phone is working, and I have used it for all of a day, I am asking what do I have to look forward to? While I'm not exactly a WP7 Novice, I haven't been committed, My personal phone is a Galaxy Nexus, and my work phone is now a Lumia 900 (previously a Samsung Focus), so i am open to WP7 tips, tricks and advantages as well, as I'm sure I don't know everything about WP7.

I'll go first (as basic as it may be), I have always enjoyed the fluidity of my zune, and WP7 phones, and it took me a while to appreciate the integration with social services, I figured it would be watered down compared to the native app, but it does what i need with out calling up an app.

the phone it self is well constructed, my wife jokes that it should be called Ninja not Nokia as she thinks the corners of the phone can take some out if thrown properly.

I look forward to your feedback
This is such a subtle thing at first that it has taken me a while to appreciate it: the Back button. It takes some getting used to, but it is so versatile in the Windows Phone 7.5 environment. A great example: read Twitter or Facebook feed, and click on an embedded link. This immediately opens the link in Internet Explorer. When you are done with it tap the back button and you are where you left off in Facebook or Twitter. Elegant! Use the long press of the back button to toggle between apps. I use this for cut and paste a lot.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
1) The ability to leave Bluetooth ON, WiFi ON without worrying about battery life for a whole day.
2) No crashes, no reboots, everything just works.

webbahboy

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Update: I deeply appreciate Nokia's ongoing support. WP 7.8 is a great update. The variable tiles are invaluable, and the Bing image on the lockscreen is a terrific add-on. I enjoy the extra theme colors too.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The support, especially seeing how I bought this a few months after the release, without having been informed that WP8 was coming out like the next month. Lol.

Mladen Spaic

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here i still have my Nokia N95 plume :) What a phone GPS Camera solid build just perfect phone , just bought my Nokia Lumia 900 and love it , it's just superb phone

Plechac123

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
1) Wonderfull screen
2) Nice camera ( if used right )
3) Fluid user experience
4) Very interesting integration of social networks
5) KickAss design and lovely cyan color
6) The fact that this mobile is quite rare, and everyone who see it in my hands is thrilled to know more about it. ( Middle Europe )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon