Tango- No video MMS

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So i decided to test the video mms today and it just doesnt even work. I go through the motion of selecting a video and it just kicks me back to the txt message like it was selected. Pictures are no problem, and work as expected. Any one else have this issue?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
As I recall, AT&T limits MMS videos to 600kb, which isn't very big. They may have changed that limit. That's about the only thing I can think of.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
As I recall, AT&T limits MMS videos to 600kb, which isn't very big. They may have changed that limit. That's about the only thing I can think of.

I figured it out. Its not the limit, Ive sent some pretty good sized videos with my old iPhone4. In anycase, here is the funky: Videos taken with the back camera attach and send fine, its only videos i take with the front facing camera that dont work.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I could send one that was 20 secs long but not one that was 30 secs, so I am guessing there is a duration limit as well with the back camera.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Now that i think of it, the iPhone4 videos i sent were always to another iPhone....with iMessage. Oh well, the vids ive take with the front facing were only 7 & 5 seconds, and they both dont even show up in the little box where you usually type your message.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I could send one that was 20 secs long but not one that was 30 secs, so I am guessing there is a duration limit as well with the back camera.
I tried 21 &26 seconds yesterday (720-High) and only the 21sec worked. So it's something less than 26 seconds.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried 21 &26 seconds yesterday (720-High) and only the 21sec worked. So it's something less than 26 seconds.

so are you guys not able to send videos taken with the front facing camera either?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's correct, no video sharing, mms or email with front facing camera.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Yeah, I noticed there is no access to settings for still or video when using the FFC. Probably some ******* privacy theory that someone in Redmond though up. Camera is lower red, so shouldn't be any technical limitations. Will need to offload an FFC video, hopefully through Zune, to see if the formatting is any different.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ya, i tried to send my 34 second video of my dog taking a dump to my GF, and i ended up being disappointing with the video too large message :(

Ill just have to take a shorter one next time... :eek:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That's correct, no video sharing, mms or email with front facing camera.

Yeah, I noticed there is no access to settings for still or video when using the FFC.

Focus Flash Tango same here

Just tried to attach ffc video via mms would not select it..Select Rear fine up to 7 seconds for me..

Email was not even an option for video attachment under pictures..

Last edited:

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Email was not even an option for video attachment under pictures..

That is strange, under pictures hub, or do you mean when you choose an attachment in the email? Videos dont show up if i tap the attachment button in an email, but if I go to the pictures hub, i can then share the video and select email.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Via Attachment in Email Videos do not show up for Me.

From Pictures I can select share via Email Both Rear and Front Video and it attach's..

From Pictures if I try and select FFC Video , Message Does not work either.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Can you only send videos that have been made with the phone. I synced videos from another phone to my lumia and in the send picture or video option all, only my picture folder shows. I can't even see any of my videos from there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon