Facebook Comments Disappearing

pink_flame_87

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for several months now and I've had no major complaints. Over the last week or so though I've had an incredibly frustrating issue pop up out of nowhere. So the built in Facebook updates that go through the me page, notifications, what's new and so on are all failing to show my Facebook comments. If I or someone else posts a status update it appears as an update. The likes also appear just fine. However, if I or someone else comments on these posts they do not appear under that status update. What's really weird is that they usually do show under notifications. It will say "so and so commented on your status" but when I tap that notification it goes to the status itself with no comments. If I comment on someone else's status it's the same thing. Sometimes when I comment on something through my phone's built in capability it will show up for a second and then disappear! It's so odd. These comments are visible from the site itself but I hate not being able to keep track of them through my phone's built in features. Anyone have any possible solutions?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, lots of people are reporting this (including me)... seems like Facebook updated something on their API's about mid-week, and there's been some delay in fixing it. I'd expect a resolution in a few days.

For now, just use the normal Facebook app, and you'll be OK. :)

pink_flame_87

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!

Although, I did just look at the normal facebook on my laptop and the comments under my last two status updates from my phone aren't there either. I have e-mails saying I have comments, but on the actual site they're not there.

Weird!

I'm glad to know it's not just me and I'll sit tight and hope for a fix.

Thanks again for the quick reply. : )

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you!

Although, I did just look at the normal facebook on my laptop and the comments under my last two status updates from my phone aren't there either. I have e-mails saying I have comments, but on the actual site they're not there.

Weird!

I've been read about Facebook problems like this for the last 2 years. :D

You have to give Facebook a lot of credit for just keeping everything going. There has to be a million online user worldwide 24/7, along with hackers 24/7 constantly trying to hack their servers.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Facebook app has been the biggest letdown in WP for me. Other than that, I really like WP.

They really need to stop dropping the ball on something very widely used such as Facebook and start developing an app that matches the quality of the other platforms'.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
the issue is that WP's fb app is third party. Its made by msoft. The android, IOS apps are made by fb itself. And they are a joy to use compared to ours.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
the issue is that WP's fb app is third party. Its made by msoft. The android, IOS apps are made by fb itself. And they are a joy to use compared to ours.

Let's hope Facebook starts developing its app for WP then since WP8 is going to be big and bold.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

Weird!

I stop using Me Tile awhile ago and now strickly using Facebook App to post. For some reason my Me Tile only post "Only Me". Pissing me off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard