Lumia 920 Camera Shutter Speed

chdever

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have had an iPhone since they first came out, and have always been a strong supporter of them, BUT, to be honest I'm bored with it, and the iPhone 5 was pretty much a disappointment. I have been watching Windows Phone OS grow since it caught my attention about a year ago, but they have always seemed to lack basic features that I use. Nothing on a large scale, but for example, just taking a screenshot. Anyhow, it seems WP8 is going to fix a lot of these issues. I will be buying a Lumia 920 when it becomes available, and will be selling my 4S. One question I do have though is, what about the shutter speed on the 920 camera? Will there be a good bit of lag time between taking pics? I just can't seem to find anything on this online. Thank you for your time.

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I like HTC idea of having a whole chip for photos. its seem to be really smooth. i would like to know how that matches against the Lumia 920

chdever

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I like HTC idea of having a whole chip for photos. its seem to be really smooth. i would like to know how that matches against the Lumia 920
I agree, but I'm pretty sure that if what they say is true about them having the same shutter speed as the Droid HTC OneX then it will definitely be faster than the Lumia 920.

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's weak. I had/have an HTC One V--the low end of HTC's One series--and the One V blows it away in this aspect. Yes, obviously the 920's image quality is far far better, but with my One V I could do burst shots (~4 shots per second for 20 or so shots), and the image was captured instantly (zero shutter lag--advertised by HTC, and not an exaggeration! Like the One S and One X, it has the dedicated image chip).

I was taking pictures of my mom's cat with my One V and my 920. The One V's photos were slightly dark and didn't really pop, but even with the cat moving, there was no blur. With my 920, on the other hand: bright, crisp photo, but the subject is just one huge blur. This is likewise the case with any photos I take of my friends. It's actually pretty annoying and embarrassing to tell my friends about how great the camera on my 920 is, only to have to tell them to stand perfectly still when I take a photo so it doesn't come out worthless.

The 920: great for still photography, and not much else :/

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It's weak. I had/have an HTC One V--the low end of HTC's One series--and the One V blows it away in this aspect. Yes, obviously the 920's image quality is far far better, but with my One V I could do burst shots (~4 shots per second for 20 or so shots), and the image was captured instantly (zero shutter lag--advertised by HTC, and not an exaggeration! Like the One S and One X, it has the dedicated image chip).

I was taking pictures of my mom's cat with my One V and my 920. The One V's photos were slightly dark and didn't really pop, but even with the cat moving, there was no blur. With my 920, on the other hand: bright, crisp photo, but the subject is just one huge blur. This is likewise the case with any photos I take of my friends. It's actually pretty annoying and embarrassing to tell my friends about how great the camera on my 920 is, only to have to tell them to stand perfectly still when I take a photo so it doesn't come out worthless.

The 920: great for still photography, and not much else :/

It's because of the software. Even the 8X with the imagesense chip cannot take burst shots like the One series.

TechCheque

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And the audio recording is not so bad either with 3 HAAC microphones... and the display easily beats iPhone 5.. and most Android phones.. it's the only design phone in addition to iPhone.. Augmented reality is pretty ok.. And navigation system.. and it doesn't break, at least not as easily as iPhone 5 / SGS 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39