Cyan Lumia considered feminine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Putty

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what responses are you guys receiving to your cyan colored Lumia? I wouldn't consider it a feminine color, but my coworkers disagree. They were like "you chose that color?" and I fail to see what the deal is.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I personally do not care what other people think so as long as I like the color.

Something I usually tell myself, is that at the end of the day, they are just "colors," and only grew to be associated with a certain gender through culture, and is therefore highly subjective.

So yea my advice, if you like it, forget the haters!

Answering your question though, I've shown multiple friends, classmates and family members the cyan lumia and how I want it very bad, and I never got any comments on it looking feminine.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the cyan because a co-worker who is a guy has one and to me it looks pretty non-gender specific!! I mean it's a lumia 920!!!!!!!!!!! Woo!!!

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few "effeminate" comments associated with the Cyan...

But then again I've gotten odd reactions from peeps when I told them my "Yellow Lumia 920 is on order" - let's just say comments generally call into question my gender preference :straight:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of anyone calling the cyan "feminine," although I've seen a few people say that about the red. I have to shrug over that, though.

Genserik

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Feminine is a state of mind. We live in a day and age where its ok to wear pastels and not be frowned upon. Phones are the same way!

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have cyan 900 and picked it because it "popped" and just looked good to me. Nothing wrong with black. I mean the black iPhone 5 looks great

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
People love my cyan 920, nothing but compliments. Plus it goes great with my beard and doesn't make my butt look big.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I love the cyan 920. It was what I really wanted...but my impatience had me leaving the store on launch day with a black one. I think the cyan is fantastic looking, and not feminine. Calling your phone feminine, or "a girl's phone" or something like that is some weak machismo method of knocking your phone down since it doesn't match his platform of choice, imo.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Aside from the pink Lumia 900, I'd say Nokia did a great job picking out bright, gender neutral colors. Would have loved a matte purple phone (the shade of the 820 cover) or green but I'd bet those would be the worst sellers by far.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
It's pretty neutral I would say, but I guess some could say it's on the feminine side because it's on the brighter side I guess. I mean it's not baby blue or something.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't care, but I did get a comment from a female (one of my customers) about it being a "pretty" phone... she said it on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans